is UNSW physiotherapy good? (1 Viewer)

jw73

HSC
Hi everyone,

does anyone know how good the new double degree course: Ba. of Exercise Science/ Master of Physiotherapy and Exercise Physiology is?

Since it is a new course could there be a chance that professors may not be experienced or the syllabus program is not fully fleshed out, compared to other unis who have had the course for many years eg WSU, ACU, UON, USYD?

Also, I am more interested in physiotherapy than exercise science, would it be better to just do a Ba. of Physiotherapy instead of this double degree?

nick4nick6

HSC
I've done some research, and the combined Bachelor's and Master's degree is 5 year long, compared to just 4 years for a regular Bachelor of Physiotherapy degree. On UNSW's website, it states, 'This degree will prepare you to work as an accredited exercise scientist, exercise physiologist and physiotherapist'. Further down, it also states that the new degree is also approved by the Australian Physiotherapy Council (governing body for physiotherapists), and Exercise and Sports Science Australia (governing body for exercise scientists/physiologists). I assume the advantage of choosing to undertake this degree would be the varied nature, allowing you to practice as both a exercise physiologist and a physiotherapist. However, if you feel that a regular physio degree is fine for you, I would just take that.

More info can be found on UNSW's website when you search the degree.

Hope this helps!

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

God Did
HSC
i mean i got 1 point for eapl and under hsc plus i should get 5 bonus points ending with a selection rank of 99.95. Surely thats enough you reckon? Yet again probably everyone would end up with a 99+ selection rank.
Not sure, only know of the 98 because a friend wants to do that degree. But yeah everyone around that would probably be achieving a 99+ selection rank.

I would see if anyone on here has any more knowledge than me about this …

Master Singleton

The Night Owl
HSC
Uni Grad
Is unsw physio or usyd physio better?
From what I heard from my friends doing physio it honestly depends on the type of experience you wanted to have as all of them will have to complete placement at a hospital for physiotherapy as what University you go to for physiotherapy honestly depends on where you live and what type of experience you wanted to have. I hope this helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)