is religion important for your HSC? (1 Viewer)

superbird

HSC
yep...unfortunately. but i think i did well. feeling confident that i got around 40/50 raw but all depends on how they mark my short answers.
i do 10 units btw

[caity]

my 1 unit of religion counts n i betta of done good cuz ive stuffed up a bit in anotha exam sooooo hmf...but r.e was an alright subject preeettty easy n not that boring to learn, wish my yr had enuf people to do 2 unit then i culda chucked off extension history worst subject of my liiiifeeeee

nomz

my one unit counts too- coz i only got 10 units. I hope I did ok- how does one unit scale?

jen23

i do 2 unit as well, and yeah mines gotta count cause i do 10 units... i hope mines ok.. cause i need it!!!

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I do 1 unit and i got 12 units all up im hoping to do well in SOR so that it will take half of a 2 unit subject away or add to my 3 unit maths mark

davo1711

Hey 2 unit scales really well. Its one of the higher order humanities because it is considered highly academic (note considered). I hope I did well in it in case I stuff up legal next wednesday...which there is a reasonable chance of. Then again I do 12 units so I have that cool safety net, and english extension 2 is said to pay really well also

~~Jess~~

HSC
i wish i studied it more so i cos i could've done ok cos i reckon i will have stuffed up maths as usual, so its prob gonna count for me which sucks. planned to cram for sor between physics and re but it didnt happened ended up talking with tfriends instead

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i do 11 units, so it might count..& then i'd probably be able to split maths, caus thats been my worst consistantly
i didnt do too bad today...really good, seeing asthough i seriously didnt study lol (looked over notes about 10-20 mins before we went in lol)

melly_b

cleopatra said:
im just wondering, cos i do 2 unit and see it as easy marks that scale well (Apparently) and will make me go well. thats why i did 2u and why i worked hard in it.

but most of u do 1u and wont count it rite?
yeah thats why i dropped biology and picked up 2 unit religion ...
so yeah 2unit will count for me

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
i thought i wouldn't need the 1 unit religion until my maths exam on wednesday, and i only do 11 units (silly me dropped physics...) so i'm hoping i get good in this one... even though i walked out of the exam early :p

green heaven

HSC
i do 11 units, guess which one is worth 1 unit? thats right religion...from what i was told BOS only take ur best 10units so im hoping that works in my favour cause i done resonable in my other subjects. i always hated religion :D

green heaven

HSC
cricket ur familiar with the pain of having to do compulsory religion?

i was reading ur profile

mr_guy99493

HSC
religion as a scaled up subject

I have been told that religion is usually scaled up as a difficult subject.

My analysis:

Religion is one of the largest courses - most number of people, second after english i believe? due to a high level of spirituality in nsw? or because many catholic schools make religion manditory.

these high levels of people that are forced to do religion often take harder subjects, that are more relevant to our life, (not knocking religion, good for social services..)

SMart students who achieve well in every other exam dont give a shit about their mandatory religion unit, and so dont study at all ( Thats me! ^_^ )

board of studies sees results for religion exams with an unusually low raw mark.
As the people who take religion are not all dumb, they assume that it was difficult.
therefore they scale it up a lot,

This is my supporting argument for my leaving early, and writing the entire exam in capital letters, just to amuse the marker,
now i have contributed to the low marks that scale the rest of the state up with this usless unit.

green heaven

HSC
mr_guy99493 said:
I have been told that religion is usually scaled up as a difficult subject.

My analysis:

Religion is one of the largest courses - most number of people, second after english i believe? due to a high level of spirituality in nsw? or because many catholic schools make religion manditory.

these high levels of people that are forced to do religion often take harder subjects, that are more relevant to our life, (not knocking religion, good for social services..)

SMart students who achieve well in every other exam dont give a shit about their mandatory religion unit, and so dont study at all ( Thats me! ^_^ )

board of studies sees results for religion exams with an unusually low raw mark.
As the people who take religion are not all dumb, they assume that it was difficult.
therefore they scale it up a lot,

This is my supporting argument for my leaving early, and writing the entire exam in capital letters, just to amuse the marker,
now i have contributed to the low marks that scale the rest of the state up with this usless unit.

i salute u,
studies of religion isnt gunna get me a job..though it taught me alot bout ethics

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
green heaven said:
cricket ur familiar with the pain of having to do compulsory religion?

i was reading ur profile
haha, yeah, it sucks... but it's good coz everyone has to do it and we have to share the frustration and boredom :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)