Is Japanese originate from chinese?.... (1 Viewer)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah i always wondered about the vietnamese
its like whenever i listen to my viet friend speaking it, i could probably guess a few words
but their writing is a lot different to ours......english alphabets rather than characters

RGB

Custom User Title
HSC
I believe so to what i have heard, maybe the Japanese are Chinese mixed with something else?

But i agree the language is very simular if not 100% the same.

Evergreen

HSC
japanese people originated from many cultures, including the indigenous japanese, chinese, korean and even south east asian. Thats why many people have dark skin, some are very short, some are tall, etc. Korea originated mainly from mongols, tungus (siberian) chinese and even arctic people, thats why many koreans look different. China is a mixture of races. Southern Chinese are more mixed with south east asians and northerners are similar to koreans.

koreans used chinese characters early on, then developed their own language (very similar to chinese as in it uses symbols that join together to produce a word, but it is also like the alphabet).

sorry i was very bored..

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
69^boi said:
yea but there one thing chinese cant own japan: japan has way hotter cutter innocent chicks than chinese, Done!
You are one of those stupid white bogans who smells like cheese and tobacco. Clearly, you have less knowledge of asian culture than the average white boy I have and anyone else would've met. Dude, you are one meat head.

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
meLoncoLLie said:
HEY i can actually understand that! :D
those are some stupid shanghainese greetings.
Shanghainese ppl are not cool.

Dongle

HSC
No, they're generally arrogant dickheads like some Hong Kong and Taiwan people who have an elitist view and look down on other Chinese people (and have right-wing seccionist views).

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
The door swings both ways in regards to what you're talking about Dongle.

Bendent

HSC
sigh...what's the point, we are all the same ethnicity.

appleide

HSC
Dongle said:
No, they're generally arrogant dickheads like some Hong Kong and Taiwan people who have an elitist view and look down on other Chinese people (and have right-wing seccionist views).
You are some left wing- radical... Which isn't all that different to a right-wing radical. Both have prejudices against groups of people. Just because 1 HK, or 1 Taiwanese, or 1 Shanghainese you know claim they are better does NOT mean they all do. You see, its more like urban Chinese looking down on Rural Chinese, instead of particular cities. People from Guang Zhou may potentially just as "elitist" as HK or Shanghai, but Guang Zhou is much smaller, so you don't meet as many people from there. What you are actually describing (and believing) is that the rich are being "elitist" to the poor. The only way this is possible is because there is a big (and growing) income gap between urban and rural Chinese. This is due to the way the chinese gov governed the country (not saying whether that is good or bad). So you could probably call the Communist Party "Capitalist".... Even the Government is more right than you are, Dongle. Prepared to be left behind in a world where political neutrality rules. The world needs balance, my friend. Politically, Environmentally, Economically, Socially.

Just to restore this topic back on topic: There are three scripts in written japanese. Katakana (spells english words but with japanese chars. eg "orange juice, or hamburger), Hiragana (for words like Mum and Dad and Book), Kanji(Used in sophisticated writings to replace some hiragana, to convey meaning to responders quicker. because hiragana is just alphabet, and convey meaning through pronounciation in conjunction with adjacent characters. (much like English words))

Last edited:

Bendent

HSC
if they are really so superior they wouldn't feel the need to show it to others.

HSC
N/A
I think I had posted in this thread prior to its recent bumpage/necroing, in which I more or less typed up a nearly endless statement that is ambiguous in point, but also states that the Japanese originate from the Chinese.

Yes, Japanese people are, and so is everything that pertains to them. This is true for all but those Hokkaidō-ans, or whatever they're called; some of them are Ainu, and are seen as pieces of shit, to be frank, in the eyes of "true Japanese" people.
neo o said:
Which form of Chinese would that be? Catonese? Mandarin? Hokkien? One of the other 12 or so dialects?
Shanghainese and Hokkien and Japanese are quite mutually understandable *ahem, bullshit*. Hokkien/Taiwanese and Shanghainese have their own similarities with the Japanese language, but they are not the same.
appleide said:
You are some left wing- radical... Which isn't all that different to a right-wing radical. Both have prejudices against groups of people. Just because 1 HK, or 1 Taiwanese, or 1 Shanghainese you know claim they are better does NOT mean they all do. You see, its more like urban Chinese looking down on Rural Chinese, instead of particular cities. People from Guang Zhou may potentially just as "elitist" as HK or Shanghai, but Guang Zhou is much smaller, so you don't meet as many people from there. What you are actually describing (and believing) is that the rich are being "elitist" to the poor. The only way this is possible is because there is a big (and growing) income gap between urban and rural Chinese. This is due to the way the chinese gov governed the country (not saying whether that is good or bad). So you could probably call the Communist Party "Capitalist".... Even the Government is more right than you are, Dongle. Prepared to be left behind in a world where political neutrality rules. The world needs balance, my friend. Politically, Environmentally, Economically, Socially.
Uh, yeh.
Okay.

No, at no point in Dongle's post did he explicitly state that he was "some left wing- radical", not even "some left-wing radical", but rather he may have implied that.

Nationalism at a scale of counties is elitism? Oh really? So, would that mean that are, in a sense, fundamentalists who arbitrarily discriminate? Maybe so, but what exactly is your definition of "elitist", which we all seem to have a degree of difficulty in comprehending, and why do you think that this is an accurate term?
Just to restore this topic back on topic: There are three scripts in written japanese. Katakana (spells english words but with japanese chars. eg "orange juice, or hamburger), Hiragana (for words like Mum and Dad and Book), Kanji(Used in sophisticated writings to replace some hiragana, to convey meaning to responders quicker. because hiragana is just alphabet, and convey meaning through pronounciation in conjunction with adjacent characters. (much like English words))
Katakana does not only spell English words "but with japanese chars."; it, in fact, spells words that are transliterated from foreign languages, not only English, into Japanese characters, with respect to its orthography.
Bendent said:
if they are really so superior they wouldn't feel the need to show it to others.
If that were true, there'd be no need to that post. Think about it.
sigh...what's the point, we are all the same ethnicity.
Excuse me, but hell no. Japanese people are not Koreans, nor would they ever like to be them for whatever ungodly reason, nor Chinese; likewise, Chinese people are not Japanese people or Koreans, as much as they'd like to be the former; and, in the same vein, Koreans will never be Chinese or Japanese until they are owned once more, integrated, or bred-in.

We all know that Japanese people and Chinese people have commonalities, but they have several differences. They look the same, behave the same, or whatever the same, or in the same manner, but that hardly means anything.

Also, Asian does not explicitly mean Chinese, and shouldn't ever be used thusly.

appleide

HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
Nationalism at a scale of counties is elitism? Oh really? So, would that mean that are, in a sense, fundamentalists who arbitrarily discriminate? Maybe so, but what exactly is your definition of "elitist", which we all seem to have a degree of difficulty in comprehending, and why do you think that this is an accurate term?
I don't know what "elitist" precisely meams either, I just guessed from the context which Dongle expressed it. Okay, I was wrong to generalise. But it is Most DEFINITELY WRONG to simply calll everyone from HK/ Shanghai /Taiwan as dickheads. Do you not agree? That was the main point of my post.

Evergreen

HSC
i dont think you can call chinese, japanese and korean races because we all descended from the mongolian race and had little to no interbreeding throughout all of history, except maybe west china.

but i can see alot of differences, chinese have rounder faces, koreans are taller, etc. older people are much easier to disinguish. koreans have that artificial curled hair and chinese have straight hair.

Evergreen

HSC
and why would koreans want to be the "former" (chinese). do u think chinese are better at what? maths? probably. making cars, computer games, Go, football, music? no. so please, take your assumption of saying korean want to be chinese away from ur head.

Bendent

HSC
%^(&P who cares.

btw for the above poster,

chinese ppl/china are good at:

- maths, physics, chemistry, english sometimes, commerce, medicine, law
- women's soccer team
- shanghai <3
- inventing gunpowder, wheelbarrow, compass, paper etc.
- space sector
- hard working, generally nice ppl
- economic growth rate
- 5000 years of rich history
- telecommunications sector
- inventing chinese characters (aethetic appeal)
- badminton/table tennis/volleyball/diving/martial arts etc.
- very high average IQ
- inventing chinese food
- influence (in the past and now)
- confucius etc.
- building the great wall...i've been there standing on top of it looking down under a blue blue sky and it's the most amazing feeling.

i'll think of some others from the top of my head laterzzz.

Last edited:

Evergreen

HSC
confucius was korean. u cant really compare the invenstions of a country 1/50th the size of china with china. more people= more flourishing.

Bendent

HSC
umm confucius is not korean.

also, china didn't have a large population during the time of those inventions, it only had 60-80 million people?

i wasn't comparing korea to china. you are the one doing that in your post. considering it's '1/50th' the size i wouldn't want to do that, i'd choose usa or india instead.

btw, not all chinese ppl have round faces, don't generalise.

Last edited:

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
Confucius
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Confucius (Chinese: �*�夫�*�; pinyin: Kǒng Fū Zǐ; Wade-Giles: K'ung-fu-tzu, lit. "Master Kong," (Chinese: �*��*�), traditionally September 28, 551 BCE – 479 BCE) was a famous Chinese thinker and social philosopher, whose teachings and philosophy have deeply influenced Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, and Japanese life and thought.

His philosophy emphasized personal and governmental morality, correctness of social relationships, justice and sincerity. These values gained prominence in China over other doctrines, such as Legalism (法家) or Taoism (道家) during the Han Dynasty.[1][2][3] Confucius' thoughts have been developed into a system of philosophy known as Confucianism (儒家). It was introduced to Europe by the Jesuit Matteo Ricci, who was the first to Latinise the name as "Confucius" .

His teachings are known primarily through the Analects of Confucius (論語), a collection of "brief aphoristic fragments", which was compiled many years after his death. Modern historians do not believe that any specific documents can be said to have been written by Confucius,[4][5] but for nearly 2,000 years he was thought to be the editor or author of all the Five Classics[6][7] such as the Classic of Rites (editor), and the Spring and Autumn Annals (春秋) (author).

i think its best to research your stuff before saying anything thats incorrect

aussie-asian

HSC
yes.

i study both japanese and chinese...so i learn about these things lol

chinese comes from china

japanese comes from everywhere

japanese has 3 alphabets: Hiragana, Katakana and Kanji

Hiragana is used for solely japanese words e.g. grapes ぶどう(budou)

Katakana is used for foreign words e.g. writing words like france (furansu - フランス) and Australia (Oosutoraria - オーストラリア), Vegemite (Bejimaito -ベジマイト) etc.

Kanji uses the Chinese alphabet...the words usually have the same meaning but are spoken differently

e.g. Chinese (Mandarin) word for music 音乐(yinyue) looks very similar in Japanese 音楽 (ongakku)

Chinese word for outside 外 (wai) is written the same in Japanese but is pronounced gai (very similar) or soto (not so similar lol)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)