Is Japanese originate from chinese?.... (1 Viewer)

Evergreen

HSC
The Japanese today are basically of Chinese and Korean genetic with some people having some Ainu influence.

studymyassoff

HSC
Re: Does Japan culture originate from chinese culure?

69^boi said:
it seems to me that both of these language has simialr cultures..chopsticks,rice, hot chicks and mostly their writing is kinda similar...anyone care to explain the topic above?? or yea n this might be bias coz there like 100% chinese ppl here?..hmm.....
y u post when u think its gona be 100% chinese people here?

well if you wanna know read the history book of "Japan" btw read the ones by european countries so you wont think its biased

studymyassoff

HSC
aussie-asian said:
e.g. Chinese (Mandarin) word for music 音乐(yinyue) looks very similar in Japanese 音楽 (ongakku)

Chinese word for outside 外 (wai) is written the same in Japanese but is pronounced gai (very similar) or soto (not so similar lol)
japanese use traditional chinese which becomes what they known as kanji

and btw ..
"chinese-based words comprise as much as 60%–70% of the total dictionary vocabulary of the modern Japanese language and form as much as 18%–40% of words used in speech."

HSC
N/A
回复: Re: Is Japanese originate from chinese?....

studymyassoff said:
japanese use traditional chinese which becomes what they known as kanji

and btw ..
"chinese-based words comprise as much as 60%–70% of the total dictionary vocabulary of the modern Japanese language and form as much as 18%–40% of words used in speech."
they've simplified many of them...... not all of the kanjis are traditional characters......

lol...... some of the previous replications are soooooooooo funny...... in mainland China we call that 愤青...angry youths...... or粪青 (shit youths)......orz

lionking1191

HSC
69^boi said:
yea but there one thing chinese cant own japan: japan has way hotter cutter innocent chicks than chinese, Done!
obviously you've never actually been to japan, ahaha

lionking1191

HSC
Evergreen said:
confucius was korean. u cant really compare the invenstions of a country 1/50th the size of china with china. more people= more flourishing.
yeah of coz confucius was korean. incidentally the chinese language also came from korea. so did the japanese. hell even the damn olympics originated in korea

lionking1191

HSC
Bendent said:
%^(&P who cares.

btw for the above poster,

chinese ppl/china are good at:

- maths, physics, chemistry, english sometimes, commerce, medicine, law
- women's soccer team
- shanghai <3
- inventing gunpowder, wheelbarrow, compass, paper etc.
- space sector
- hard working, generally nice ppl
- economic growth rate
- 5000 years of rich history
- telecommunications sector
- inventing chinese characters (aethetic appeal)
- badminton/table tennis/volleyball/diving/martial arts etc.
- very high average IQ
- inventing chinese food
- influence (in the past and now)
- confucius etc.
- building the great wall...i've been there standing on top of it looking down under a blue blue sky and it's the most amazing feeling.

i'll think of some others from the top of my head laterzzz.
1. generalisations should go and die
2. a hard work ethic does not translate to high IQ
3. chinese are good at inventing chinese characters (inventing chinese food) - well done, never would realised.
4. china is good at shanghai (...i see)

this thread is way lol-worthy

minijumbuk

┗(^o^ )┓三
HSC
wrong_turn said:
hell yeah!! from what myth or history has said is that there was a group of villagers, or prisoners that were sent to an isalnd for god-knows-what. they were never to come back or something like that.

hence your modern japan. chinese blood... :D

Chinese history (Yes, history. Not mythology.) states that there were 300 teenage boys/girls sent from the Emperor of the time to search for a medicine that gave immortality, when the Emperor fell seriously ill. The group travelled their way to Japan, and decided to settle there. Then from there, a new civilsation had arisen.

The Japanese denies this event. I can see why they would deny it, but I can't see why China would make this up.

Is it really coincidence that some words/phrases are pronounced in such a similar way? Is it mere coincidence that both countries invented the same word with the same meaning by putting various strokes together?

lionking1191

HSC
minijumbuk said:
Chinese history (Yes, history. Not mythology.) states that there were 300 teenage boys/girls sent from the Emperor of the time to search for a medicine that gave immortality, when the Emperor fell seriously ill. The group travelled their way to Japan, and decided to settle there. Then from there, a new civilsation had arisen.

The Japanese denies this event. I can see why they would deny it, but I can't see why China would make this up.

Is it really coincidence that some words/phrases are pronounced in such a similar way? Is it mere coincidence that both countries invented the same word with the same meaning by putting various strokes together?
yeah the first chn. emperor Qing. the very fact that chinese history stretches back 5000 years lends credence to that theory.

a lot of languages are inter-related. english for eg. is a relatively 'new' with its roots in latin and influenced by french german and a bunch of other european languages

bawd

HSC
Evergreen said:
confucius was korean. u cant really compare the invenstions of a country 1/50th the size of china with china. more people= more flourishing.
This is an old post, but LOLOLOLOLOLOL. The hilarity of it. To think he didn't even consider googling it beforehand. And the fact that he thought the legendary Kong Zhi was Korean.

Jessicaz2910

HSC
its cos japan kinda learnt china traditions from the captives they had from wars...and they based their cultures on the chinese

HSC
Uni Grad
You could say that their writing system is derived from the Chinese writing style, Whether they actually originate from China, no one will really know. There is speculation that the ship which the first emperor of china sent out to find the exilir or life but never returned - probably out of fear for failing to find said potion - COULD have discovered Japan and settled there, but there is no real proof as of yet - not saying there will be in the future also - that Japanese people actually came from Chinese background - A bit like the Therans and Minoans - a lot of contact or colonization?

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
its cos japan kinda learnt china traditions from the captives they had from wars...and they based their cultures on the chinese
I don't know much Chinese.

But language-wise, obviously many Japanese words are close to Chinese and probably borrowed from it . . e.g. closer to Hokkien (min nan or Fujian dialect of Xiamen area) rather than Mandarin. I was surprised to find "kan tan" being Japanese for "easy"; that's how we speakers of Hokkien say it ("jian dan"? in pinyin). Similarly when reading a bit about the Samurais, they have the philosophy of "bun bu" (in Pinyin "wen wu") meaning combining learning and the martial arts; that too I recall hearing the term in Hokkien. So pure Mandarin speakers will miss this.

Do you know that many Korean words are also close to Hokkien? e.g. "kamsa hamida" for "thank you"; I noticed the similarity of "kam sa" to our Hokkien "kam sia" (Pinyin: gan xie). I know of many other korean words close to Hokkien. Of course, the average Koreans themselves are unaware of this. e.g. we say "hak sing" (Pinyin: xue sheng ?) for students just as the Koreans do.

Why is this so. My hypothesis (ha ha, for one who knows so little Chinese and its history):
China was the source of cultural exchange, learning (e.g. tranmission of Buddhism) and much of this occured during the Tang period, whose capital was Chang'an (now Xian?) where the Tang language which I think, which the Hokkien we speak is descended from. (In SE Asia, many of the Chinese call themselves the "Tang people") . That may explain why borrowed Chinese words adopted in Korean and Japanese have much in common with Hokkien (and to some extent Cantonese).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)