Is James Ruse/Baulko basically only focused on academics? (1 Viewer)

tk8

HSC
this may seem like a random and dumb question, but i'm just wondering; do people in these top schools do anything other than study? because i've heard from one of my friends that people in James Ruse/Baulko don't date anyone and boys and girls don't really interact together - this is very likely false but i'm just wondering out of curiosity if this is at all true to an extent??

Last edited:

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
They're manufactured robots programmed to only study lmao.

No lol they're also people with things going on in their lives. Maybe towards HSC all they do is study but thats what the majority of the population should be doing.

Greninja340

HSC
this may seem like a random and dumb question, but i've always wondered; do people in these top schools do anything other than study? like i've heard from one of my friends that people in James Ruse/Baulko don't date anyone and boys and girls don't really interact together - this is very likely false but i'm just wondering out of curiosity if this is true to an extent??
lmfao thats cap

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
It is reasonable to expect that there would be a significant emphasis on academic performance at both of these schools, given how high they are ranked and the fact that the purpose of selective schools is to cater to academically capable students. Of course, while this may be the case, it does not necessarily suggest that students who attend these schools are subject to this supposed stereotype (as was mentioned above). In fact, I often come across students from Baulkham Hills High School on my way back home from university and from what I have seen, they appear to be decent people and boys and girls indeed do interact together.

Of course, BHHS and JRAHS current and former students on here will be able to provide an accurate perspective in this regard.

I hope this helps! 😄

tk8

HSC
It is reasonable to expect that there would be a significant emphasis on academic performance at both of these schools, given how high they are ranked and the fact that the purpose of selective schools is to cater to academically capable students. Of course, while this may be the case, it does not necessarily suggest that students who attend these schools are subject to this supposed stereotype (as was mentioned above). In fact, I often come across students from Baulkham Hills High School on my way back home from university and from what I have seen, they appear to be decent people and boys and girls indeed do interact together.

Of course, BHHS and JRAHS current and former students on here will be able to provide an accurate perspective in this regard.

I hope this helps! 😄
ok thanks for clarifying this with me! i guessed my friend was kinda lying 😂

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Times have probably changed since I was in Baulko... but can definitely confirm at least back then, it doesn't marry up with what Op posted.

goodcat911

HSC
lmfao thats cap
Hey, I saw your bio saying you got a 98.75 atar and made UNSW Doctor of Medicine. Can you please tell me roughly what UCAT you got? I wanna do the same course and am wondering what UCAT would correspond to 98.75 atar to receive an interview offer. Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)