Is it worth buying ACER past booklets to prepare? (1 Viewer)

kat1324

HSC
Hi all,
I am currently tight on money at the moment and I was looking to prepare for my HAST exam within the next couple of weeks (I'm applying for Year 11 2022).
The preparation exam booklets are up to $25.. I saw somewhere saying you can't really prepare for the HAST exam, so is it worth buying such booklet or would I be able just to go in with preparation from other free means e.g Comprehension tests online

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
You should probably purchase them. You are applying for a year 11 spot at a selective school, meaning this is most likely your last chance to receive an offer to study at the school you're applying to. Caringbah High School states the following regarding enrolment into year 12:

Enrolment into Year 12 would, in the majority of circumstances, be an educational disadvantage for the student. Therefore enrolment into Year 12 would be highly unlikely and be at the discretion of the Principal.

In my opinion, I think that you need to prepare to the best of your abilities for your HAST in order to maximise your chances of getting accepted and I believe that maximising your preparatory resources and the use thereof (i.e. HAST booklets in addition to online comprehension tests) would be a good way to do this.

I hope this helps! 😄

kat1324

HSC
Yeah I know. I just was wondering if anyone got in without any preparation?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)