Is it possible to teach yourself biochem? (1 Viewer)

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
I know lots of people do biochemistry of movement when the rest of their class doesnt, but is it worth it? My chemistry teacher is tossing up between shipwrecks and industrial chem. It's not even that they scale badly (in comparison to other electives), but I hate oxidation/reduction and industrial crap, and am dreading having to spend a whole term learning about either of them. Me and a friend both did the biology olympiad last year, and looking through past papers nothing in biochemistry seems that undoable. We were thinking of teaching ourselves biochem and just asking our chemistry or biology teachers if there is anything we dont get.

If anyone else has been in this position, can you give me your opinions. Is it worth it to teach ourselves rather than doing what the rest of the class does?

Last edited:

me121

Premium Member
HSC
I was in the exact same position last year, except i wanted to do chem of art, and my teacher was doing industrial. I did 1 period on my own, and i found teaching myself too hard, so i ended up going back to my class to do industrial.

Although I would say that if you want to do biochem then go for it. I mean if you ever have problems, you can always go ask you teacher for help.

Just think if you did what the rest of the class is doing, you would end up learning about 80-90% of the content at home, in your own study anyway. If you can convince one of your friends to do biochem with you then you can learn together, and I think that would make it easier.

Although, this is just my advice, I don't want to sway you one way or the other.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)