Is it possible to pick up SOR1 in year 12 without doing it in year 11? (1 Viewer)

dom_c

HSC
I'm really struggling for both extension english and physics and have been really stressed out on deciding which one to drop next year, that is till I discovered that some schools allow sor1 to be picked up in year 12, although my school doesn't offer it, it seems that I'll be able to do it through distance education. It seems like a generally easy and fairly interesting subject so I just wanted to know if this was possible and if so does the content carry over from year 11 and will I have to play catch up?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
To my knowledge, you cannot complete the HSC course of a subject without first completing the Preliminary course. Here, I refer to the following general information from NESA:

You need to satisfactorily complete the Preliminary course (usually in Year 11) before you can start the corresponding HSC course (usually in Year 12).

As well as the following information that is specific to Studies of Religion I:

Studies of Religion I consists of a 1-unit Preliminary course and a 1-unit HSC course (120 hours) and students must satisfactorily complete the Preliminary course before commencing the HSC course.
Generally speaking, the HSC course of a particular subject builds on concepts explored in the Preliminary course of that subject, while also introducing new concepts, which I think would also apply to SOR I, although someone else could perhaps confirm whether this is true. Either way, you should probably confirm whether taking SOR I is possible in your case with the distance education school.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)