Is it possible to get 86+? (1 Viewer)

Dashdorm24

HSC
These were my cumulative ranks and my trial marks.

SOR 1 ~ Rank 17/99 Mark 43/50

MX1 ~ Rank 13/15 Mark 31/70

Math ADV ~ rank 11/34 Mark 60/100

Chem ~ Rank 8/16 Mark 48/100

PDH ~ Rank 6/55 Mark 80/100,

Eng ADV ~ Rank 19/36 Mark 75/100 ,

Bio ~ Rank: Somewhere top 10 Mark: 70/100

I know my chem and math marks are pretty sucky, but I'm paying more attention to ranks as that is what matters, any thoughts if an 86+ is possible?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
A more accurate assessment of your current position would require additional information, such as the number of band 6's/E4's achieved at your school in each of your subjects.

However, from this information, I think that an 86+ ATAR could be within reach. Your ranks in Studies of Religion I, PDHPE and Biology (depending on cohort size) seem favourable and could increase your chances of reaching your desired ATAR. It is therefore important to thoroughly prepare for the HSC exams of these subjects in order to maintain (and if possible, improve) your performance, allowing you to maximise your chances of achieving your ATAR goal.

The fact that you are taking 12 units could also be beneficial since this means that your lowest performing 2 units (for example, Mathematics Extension 1 or Chemistry) will not count towards your ATAR, therefore negating the negative effect that unfavourable performance would have had on your ATAR if you were taking 10 units.

As you are already aware, Mathematics Extension 1 and Chemistry appear to be your lowest performing subjects. It is therefore to place additional focus on your preparations for the HSC exams of these subjects, despite the fact that you are taking 12 units. The reason for this is that, in the event that Mathematics Extension 1 was not to count towards your ATAR, Chemistry would still contribute 1 unit towards your ATAR, not to mention that your current position seems worse in Mathematics Extension 1 than Chemistry, making the possibility of Mathematics Extension 1 counting towards your ATAR instead of Chemistry slightly less likely.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)