Is it possible to do well in the HSC without knowing an ounce of Programming? (1 Viewer)

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
You need to know pseudo code and flowcharts, and you'll need to know some sort of programming language (VB, C++, etc.) in order to complete your major project.

Pseudo code is not that hard, a good textbook will simplify it for you. :)

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
If you consider the hsc exam only tehn you dont need to know a programming language, only psuedocode.

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
acmilan said:
If you consider the hsc exam only tehn you dont need to know a programming language, only psuedocode.
Unless you do the 'Evolution of Programming Languages' option, as the syllabus states that you must have a [basic] familiarity with Prolog, APL, Haskell, LISP, etc.

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
SDD isnt really hard ~~ just get urself the SDD excell books and a cupple of other textbooks and ur at least get a band 4 ~~ i got a band 5 with out knowing any programming, and never will, but a band 6 is a different story so good luck ~~

psuedocode isnt hard just use some basic logic

Son_e_boy

Unfortunately, you can't do too well (band 6) if you can't do any psuedocode, programming isn't necessary, but if you can't do psuedocode you won't be able to do the questions that need it. Usually they have a heap of marks assigned to them as well.

Best thing to do is just know all the basic control structures( decisions, loops, etc.) in psuedocode. The rest (i.e ability to solve certain problems) just comes down to a little bit of practice.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)