Is history about winners?

• Yes

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • No

Votes: 83 59.3%

• Total voters

annacogs

HSC
How did you attack the personality section? (yes there is another thread but I wanted a poll okay)

alex991

HSC
I did Speer... wasnt a bad question i dont think, i actually said yes and no... he suceeded in his work, but lost in relation to his family etc etc

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
I said yes. Im too tired to elaborate completely on my thesis but it was basically, Riefenstahl has to win the acceptance of historians as an artist, not a propagandist. I showed how she was an artist and thus she won out because most representations and historical sources/views swing that way.

Or something.

HSC
yes + no

said some paradox thing about trotsky being a winner that lost in some instances but also being a winner/loser
wow that was badly articulated...
basically i said yes, but no, but yes

annacogs

HSC
nirvanafreak02 said:
yes + no

said some paradox thing about trotsky being a winner that lost in some instances but also being a winner/loser
wow that was badly articulated...
basically i said yes, but no, but yes
hmm i shouldve included a "kinda sorta, yes and no" option

jennieTalia

HSC
Ahaha It can be about winners.

But it isn't BECAUSE they are winners that history is about them. Although then again whether someone is a winner or not is a really fluid idea...

Pantera

HSC
I said History is inevitably written by the winners, therefore history will focus on the winners.

Doing Speer this made it difficult. I said he was a Winner on a losing team.

Q2C-ME

2SUS
HSC
i loved nelson mandela...it was the best

his a winner...he won his ideal which he almost sacrificed through marydom...he won US suppourt as he is no longer clasificed a terroirst and so on

just outta curiousity did people have trouble with the firstbest...historical context and stuff...im kinda hoping they did...cause some people dont bother studying it

reh

Long Thick Member
HSC
yea repping the kinda sorta thesis...
good ole gorbachev... winner wen it comes to morality and his foreign relations with the US.... loser wen it comes to eastern europe and internal policy....

but the most important thing about it was that he tried... and wen he failed... he stopped trying...

jibberish21

HSC
Speer was a winner- he was an active participant in anti-semitism and got away with it. nearly all of the top nazis got worse --> hence he won

missashy

HSC
No - i sucked at this didnt write much for Emperor Hirohito

rlg2008sis

HSC
Yeah i said that too...compared him to goebbels and himmler in that he didnt get the death sentence and was a 'penitent nazi'. i also went along the path of 'even though they lost the war, and hitler wanted to scortch everything, speer was thinking about the winners of the war and rebuilding germany for its citizens post WWII."
Did everyone finish part B? I have a few friends who only got 2/3 pages cos they left it last...but i learnt from my trials and did part B first and part A second
hehe

history is about the winners who ace the HSC!

sbrooks

HSC
i wrote some shit along the lines of how trotsky had his prime years from about '18-'24, and that he was a winner during these years, but ultimately he can't be regarded as a winner cos... he didn't win...? yeh, wrote about his prime years and then went on to talk about '25 onwards, when stalin effectively removed him from a position of influence and authority and exiled him etc etc...

yeh, i guess trotsky won the battle but lost the war.

and now i never have to give a shit about trotsky or any of the russian revolution ever, ever again. WOOT

jiey2k

JEAHHH BOIIIII
HSC
Speer is a winner, anyone that disagrees needs to re study.

I thought he was a winner, because of his pragmatic attitude. Due to how he tackled ideas and him being a "chameleon", it allowed him to stay somewhat "immortalised" as one of the greatest Nazi ministers in the whole course. Well to me that is.

The fact that we are studying him and his controversial past, definately makes him a winner (Y)

nrs1990

HSC
I said it was about a combination of victories and failures within an individual...

Leni Reifenstahl was a winner artistically, but failed morally; and it's that dichotomy that makes her historically interesting and relevant.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
your use of the word dichotomy is similar to my use of the phrase "the crux of the Riefenstahl enigma". makes us sound super historical =d

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)