Is anyone doing (or done) a Gap year??? (1 Viewer)

Bec_NOT_Brooke

HSC
I'm doing a Gap year next year, and was just wondering other peoples experiences with living away for a year. I've never been out of NSW (apart from ACT) or on an airplane! So what should i expect? I'm going to England if that helps.
Any help would be GREAT!!

Zali

HSC
im doing 1 next year 2 i no heaps of people who r n a few who hav. I think it'll depend on wat type of person u r to how u deal with being away from home. Every1 i no loved it n went on like contiki tours during the summer holls and made heaps of new friends.

Bec_NOT_Brooke

HSC
Thanks heaps!
i had a look at your school you(gurt) and it looks v. good!! what date do you start? i have to be there before 4pm on the 6th of Jan. are you planning to do a Conkiti? i'm not sure yet, i think i will!!
have you (or anyone else) had any other schools offer you positions, but said no?

Skeeta

HSC
i didnt have a gap year before starting uni

but i wish i did

roxy_bell

Bec_NOT_Brooke said:
Thanks heaps!
i had a look at your school you(gurt) and it looks v. good!! what date do you start? i have to be there before 4pm on the 6th of Jan. are you planning to do a Conkiti? i'm not sure yet, i think i will!!
have you (or anyone else) had any other schools offer you positions, but said no?

i start on the 9th of january....

ive had a few offers but the one i accepted had the best offer etc. so i stuck with it.

im not planning to do a contiki. but il see what happens next year. i have heaps of family and friends in a few different countries in europe so im planning to stay with some of them through the year.

Courtenay

HSC
N/A
I went on one last year, so any questions about anything at all you have feel free to ask

fb07

HSC
this is probably a terribly stupid question but whats the difference between a gap year and deferring?

Zali

HSC
Its kinda the same. U don't have to defer (you could just not apply for uni this year) but most ppl defer and take the year off to work often in England or overseas at boarding schools or teaching english and stuff in other countries

Last edited:

courtnez

Now, what I want is Facts
HSC
I'm taking a Gap Year next year to the UK as well. I've never been for an entire year away from home, but I've been fortunate enough to travel heaps and get to know the world :)

I'm working in a boarding school and also start Jan 9.

Has anyone applied for their visa yet? I haven't yet, but I guess I should before it gets too late!

(sorry to resurrect a seemingly old thread, but gap seems mega exciting and it's nice to know that other people are taking one as well)

Peartie

HSC
I am...well been reccomended for a placement - im going through a GAP organisation but if that falls through ive been given the name of a school in Germany to try so ill do that...

Peartie

HSC
I got a placement in Southern England - should be good

sorry bout double post...thought id reserect the topic and it doesnt come up if i just edit it...

:p

I arrive Jan 3rdish and start 5thish Ive pretty much done Visa application - just waiting on a letter confirming stuff from GAP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)