stazi

Nightman
HSC
Re: internships 07

haha sorry :p $3,040/month. Week...month...it's all the same. *hides*

havy

HSC

I thought there IS a magical job that pays you 150k in the 1st yr with good 9-5 hours and hot chicks working with you....and now you are just saying that you made a mistake?:mad1:

btw, 3040*12=$36480, thats less than the cba offer imo, unless you also take super into consideration. (does that mean cba doesnt pay super on top of that 37.5k?)

stazi

Nightman
HSC

zimmerman8k said:
haha. you did that with your claims of $270 a month apartments in edgecliff. silly stas. $3000 a month is still good given the perks of the job.
it's more than $3000 a month though. There's also a S$44 = AU$33 per day (including weekends) allowance given in cash (i.e. it's tax free). That adds up to an extra $1,000/month.

Which brings the total up to $4140/month + 10.3% super.

havy said:
I thought there IS a magical job that pays you 150k in the 1st yr with good 9-5 hours and hot chicks working with you....and now you are just saying that you made a mistake?:mad1:

btw, 3040*12=$36480, thats less than the cba offer imo, unless you also take super into consideration. (does that mean cba doesnt pay super on top of that 37.5k?)
fuck i'm a losty today. That should have said $3140/month. Leet.

stazi

Nightman
HSC

zimmerman8k said:
haha. you did that with your claims of $270 a month apartments in edgecliff. silly stas. $3000 a month is still good given the perks of the job.
it's more than $3000 a month though. There's also a S$44 = AU$33 per day (including weekends) allowance given in cash (i.e. it's tax free). That adds up to an extra $1,000/month.

Which brings the total up to $4140/month + 10.3% super.

havy said:

fuck i'm a losty today. That should have said $3140/month. Leet.

pete_mate

HSC

heh, comparing internship salaries seems to trivial to what us students live off on a weekly basis.

can't wait to earn my real-job/fulltime work moneys :p

stazi

Nightman
HSC

wooohooo. got an offer today to work until departure to singapore from the non-traditional advertising agency that handles the Xbox account, as well as some other cool brands.

They offered $500, as detailed in their job ad. So, I was all like "P&G are paying me $1k/week, and other companies would likely give me higher offers" which is unlikely as people starting out in advertising work for free most of the time, since it's such a selective industry that is hard to penetrate (lol..penetrate).

Got an email back from the guy offering $750/week :p That's so sexy. $39,000p.a. equiv. That's even higher than cumbank

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC

So for you guys who applied last year do you think I will be able to take advantage of written referrals (can call to confirm etc) in my application process for summer internships somehow?

stazi

Nightman
HSC

generally, most employers only actually read your written referrals at your final interviews. the main exception would be if the referral is referenced in your cover letter or somewhere prominent. For example, I would make note that I have attached a reference from one of the world's most innovative marketers.

blakegman

HSC
N/A

stazi said:
generally, most employers only actually read your written referrals at your final interviews. the main exception would be if the referral is referenced in your cover letter or somewhere prominent. For example, I would make note that I have attached a reference from one of the world's most innovative marketers.

Really? who ?

I want to be like you when i grow up.

stazi

Nightman
HSC

Robert Lauterborn (was lucky to have been taught by him when I was on exchange). He developed the 4Cs (the consumer-centric 4P variant) and many other things in integrated marketing communications.

3li

HSC
N/A
how is evry1s internship experience thusfar?

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Mine has been awesome, have learnt a crapload and have developed personally - having to live away from home. Have been involved in asset estimations worth US$800 billion dollars and am now going away for an all expenses paid conference for 3 days.

Only bad thing is living out of a suitcase.

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
im gonna start my internship soon, but mine is short being only 6 weeks in total.......but i guess it wont affect my studies as much.

HSC
Mine has been awesome, have learnt a crapload and have developed personally - having to live away from home. Have been involved in asset estimations worth US$800 billion dollars and am now going away for an all expenses paid conference for 3 days.

Only bad thing is living out of a suitcase.
where'd u do ur internship at- and what's ur role?

3li

HSC
N/A
yea ive had a good internship at nabCapital in structured finance doing information memorandums and working on live deals.

i want to do another one next year so i prolly will

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
yea ive had a good internship at nabCapital in structured finance doing information memorandums and working on live deals.

i want to do another one next year so i prolly will
Yeh im looking to go back to my firm in 09/10 summer but would like to do a stint overseas in Europe if possible. Only time will tell.

Otherwise ill gladly intern here again. Only problem is the firm is now recruiting people with 2.5yrs experience for grad roles :(

3li

HSC
N/A
yea at the end of the day internship is eye opening experience

ive worked in a variety of firms and i can only come to one conclusion

finance shits all over accounting in every aspect.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Yeh im looking to go back to my firm in 09/10 summer but would like to do a stint overseas in Europe if possible. Only time will tell.

Otherwise ill gladly intern here again. Only problem is the firm is now recruiting people with 2.5yrs experience for grad roles :(
what area/firm if you dont mind me asking.

feel free to PM me if you prefer. :)

thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)