Internal Assessment Ranking & HSC Exam Questions. (1 Viewer)

ZackXXT

HSC
If I attain rank 1 in my cohort for an individual subject in my internal assessments how would that affect my external HSC exam results?

Would my mark be raised if an individual who had an internal assessment rank in my cohort of 2 achieved a higher HSC exam result?

What weight do internal assessments have overall on your HSC/ATAR final result?

Subjects:

Modern History
Ancient History
Legal Studies
Business Studies
English Standard

Examine

same
HSC
Being ranked 1 in a subject does not affect your external results

Yes your mark can be raised. Let's say you received 92 externally and were ranked first, and someone in your class received 96, your overall HSC mark would be 94.

Your internal assessments affect your internal mark so 50%

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
1. Your examination mark (or external assessment) is 50% of your HSC mark and you get it on the basis that you have to earn the marks on the day of the exam. It is not affected by anything else at all. Basically what Examine said.

2. If you rank first, you will get the highest assessment mark, and receive your examination mark. Basically again what Examine said.

However, if you rank say 2nd or 3rd, you will get a moderated assessment mark which reflects your performance relative to your ranks and the difference between ranks in your cohort.

3. Again what Examine said, 50%.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
One more thing to remember, even if you are ranked first internally for all of your subjects, you still need to perform as well as you can in external HSC exams as your performance in the external HSC exams will form your HSC mark which is 50% of your overall mark of that subject. So remember to keep trying till the last second of the external HSC exams-best wishes for you to ace your HSC this year:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)