Industrial Technology Multimedia Exam (1 Viewer)

alrxate

HSC
General thoughts on the exam. How did you guys go? I found it pretty easy, probably the easiest one I've done, especially the last section which is common sense.
I stuffed up the last two multiple choice questions because my calculator was not working neither my mind haha.
Overall, better written exam than the half-yearly but not the trials. 40% weighing though, not a big deal comparing to the Major Project. :cook:

Nonparry

HSC
Nah it wasn't, they were trying to trip you up with specifics - there's 8 bits in a byte, so a 120.6 megabyte file has 964.8 megabits, so at 16.8 megabits a second it would take 57.43 seconds, which would be C - '57' since you round down.
Similar story with the other one, there's actually 1024MB in a GB so the answer ends up being C - '28444' once you convert stuff properly.

Timelapse was C - capturing video footage at a slower framerate than playback - it's really bad terminology, but it's a dodgy way of saying 'speed up the footage'

The plagiarism one was... C - plagiarism, pretty straight forward when they say 'presents it as their own'

Q7 about animation types, technically both A and C allow multiple components to animate automatically - but you don't call it 'behaviour animation' so the answer was C- path based.

So there were a lot of Cs in that multiple choice.. my answers were A A D B C C C D C C. Rest of the test was easy as always, and thankfully it focused on the multi stuff more than the industry.

Synyster

HSC
It was pretty easy at least band 6 for me, how many pages did you write for section III?
Most people in my class ended up leaving as soon as possible only 2 people used the whole 1.5 hours.
I hope I did well in my major cause if I don't get band 6 for this subject I'll cry.

How well do you think you did for your majors?

hovamagna

HSC
N/A
It was okay; what did everyone put down in section II in that question that was taking about screen capturing techniques

xer0

Sydney     ATAR Aim:   85+      Penis Size:  9001
HSC
It was okay; what did everyone put down in section II in that question that was taking about screen capturing techniques
Frame rate drop because of the screen capturing software
Representation of colour and graphics is not accurate and depends on the computer that's running the game.
Resolution of the video is dependant on the monitor that is being used for the gameplay

Nonparry

HSC
Are you sure that was the exact number for the mbps questions? Because I got 7.4 not 57.43. Do you have the multiple choice paper?
So the question was 'an internet connection has a download speed of 16.8 megabits per second. Approximately how long would it take to download a 120.6 megabyte video file?'
The purpose of the question was to see if you knew the difference between bits and bytes - since they're two different things. A byte is the same as 8 bits, so before you can do any division you have to convert something so they're both the same unit of measurement - just times the megabytes by 8, or divide the megabits by 8, either will work. Then just divide the file size by the download speed and you get the answer.

So the working out is:

120.6x8=964.8

964.8/16.8=57.42857...

=57 (C)

Or you could do:
16.8/8=2.1

120.6/2.1=57.42857...

=57 (C)

What it sounds like you did was just divide the size by the speed straight up,
120.6/16.8=7.17857...

=7 (A)

but that's incorrect because the units of measurement are different and you gotta convert something first so they're the same.

Same with Q10, 50GB is actually 50x1024 megabytes, not 50x1000 as is commonly believed.
(50x1024)/1.8=28444.44444...

=28444 (C)

I wrote a page and a half for the last question, but I've got pretty small writing (around 13 words per line). If the example answers from past papers are anything to go by, you're not gonna need most of that to earn the full marks... doesn't hurt to have extra just in case though, specially with so much time to go back and look over answers :L

Nonparry

HSC
In the end it's just two marks... you can still get band six with a couple little mistakes as long as you knew what you were doing with everything else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)