Industrial Chemistry. (1 Viewer)

crazy_paki123

HSC
Im pretty sure k was around 0.9, anyways thats what i got, other people got around 9 and stuff, nobody from my school (havent asked the nerds yet lol) has got 2500

Rawf

HSC
What was the process, and the gases produced at P and Q?
I put the process was the electrolysis of brine o-o
And idk about the electrodes.. I didn't see which terminal was which at the time (careless me)
was the electrode on the left chlorine and the electrode on the right was hydrogen? I forgot which electrode was which letter.

crazy_paki123

HSC
the gases produced were H2 and O2, it gave you in the Question, that indicator(think litmus) turned red indicating the presence of H+, and that is only in the electrolysis of dilute NaCl, where ultimately H2 and O2 are produced

Rawf

HSC
the gases produced were H2 and O2, it gave you in the Question, that indicator(think litmus) turned red indicating the presence of H+, and that is only in the electrolysis of dilute NaCl, where ultimately H2 and O2 are produced
Err i just found my paper. And all they gave us was that at Q phenolphthalein turned pink meaning H2 gas is present.
In the Syllabus it doesn't really ask you for the products of very dilute NaCl electrolysis, so I think P is probs Cl2 gas.

yahey

HSC
The forward reaction was NO producing N2 and O2, so the equilibrium constant is not the reciprocal of the K provided - even the K was given, so i dont understand how people would get it wrong
The given K had NO at the top didn't it?

crazy_paki123

HSC
hmm, then u r right, but OH is also present in the electrolysis of water so i think if u can justify then your right :)

nucgaek

HSC
K = 2450ish.

Process is electrolysis of brine into NaOH. Electrode P was Cl2 gas, Electrode Q (with Pink) was H2 gas.

What was the modelling equilibrium question?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)