Individual Project-Performance (1 Viewer)

amy*09

HSC
hi everyone. at the moment im beginning my IP for performance, and i am wanting some advice on fiding and/or creating a monologue. i am wanting to do a comedic character and have done some research and found a character i could use. the character is on a quest to get kissed and is based on the movie "Superstar", if anyone has ever heard of it. anyhow, the movie doesnt really give me much to go off and so i am asking for anyone who knows of any characters that could be used as well.
so if u know anything plez post
cheers and merry christmas to all!!!!!
:santa:

kelsinator

HSC
hey
good on u for choosing performance, but i would reconsider choosing anything that is based on a movie, because often the lines and moments do not work well in a theatre space. This was the advice given to me by my teacher anyway, and i got into Onstage, so im really glad i ended up changing my initial ideas. also, be careful with comedy- only do it, if thats ur talent and ur niche and it suits you- heaps of people tried to choose comedy at my school, who had never really tried it out before, which is a bad idea.
theres plenty of actual monologue theatre scripts out there that u can creatively adapt, that may give u more depth of character.
anyway, thats my two cents for what its worth.
good luck

amy*09

HSC
can u give me any info on where i can find other stuff i need help!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)