I'm joining Dr Du (Y11)- what do I need to catch up on? (1 Viewer)

contro3ler

HSC
i’m in A2 but A1 does same topics so far for 3u we’ve covered all of functions and coord geo (don’t stress too much abt thst it’s so easy) and then we did trig and inverse trig (double angles, triple angles, compound angles etc) and then sequences and series and induction but tbh if u got into A1 then catching up shouldnt rlly be much of an issue as if they thought that u were too behind they wouldn’t have put u in a1
nah holmes i got 70% in the entrance test bro idk how tf im in a1 cuz 💀 and that too i had an fx 991 es plus

Last edited:

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
Ik people who got 56% on the exam and got into A1's- they settled perfectly dude, don't stress.

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
you just wanna put some effort into the first two terms to sequence everything.
The test was designed to be hard

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
70% + is a1
nah, it depends on the yr group + demand/competition for A1's- like classing everyone based on 'bands'; ie the test might be easy and people may get 90+ but the threshold may then be very high, if the test had averages of 60% = lower threshold. Ik people who got 78% were still given A3's.

kkk579

hello
HSC
nah, it depends on the yr group + demand/competition for A1's- like classing everyone based on 'bands'; ie the test might be easy and people may get 90+ but the threshold may then be very high, if the test had averages of 60% = lower threshold. Ik people who got 78% were still given A3's.
oh icic well this is for y10 entry this yr

HSC
Adding onto what y’all said, coordinate geometry will include internal and external division of points, locusts etc
From what I've seen Du goes heavily out of syllabus on many topics - none of these are in the current syllabus. No school that I know of teaches these topics & they will never be tested in the HSC

skzzks

HSC
Ik people who got 56% on the exam and got into A1's- they settled perfectly dude, don't stress.
doing it in y8 was a bad idea back then it was like 90%+ was A1 and i was so shit at maths

skzzks

HSC
oh what they said it was 300 marks, maybe it’s diff?
it is 300 marks however all the question are worth between 10-35 marks each so there’s not too many (essentially it is 3 quizzes combined)

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
You
From what I've seen Du goes heavily out of syllabus on many topics - none of these are in the current syllabus. No school that I know of teaches these topics & they will never be tested in the HSC
I wouldn’t say that’s 100% true. I’ve just looked at everything my class will review in school, literally everything that I did in du will apply except coord geometry

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
i mean it depends. my school taught locus (the not 4u one that you would find in i think 2u/3u in the old syllabus) in year 7. they also taught partial fractions (without the 4u integration, just how to make partial fractions) in year 10, stuff like that. i don't know if they still do that anymore, but some schools like to go crazy, especially in junior years where it won't matter.

HSC
I should clarify - I meant for senior years (Y11/Y12). A lot of these concepts are beneficial to learning if used correctly, but are mostly useless at y11/y12.

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
i mean it depends. my school taught locus (the not 4u one that you would find in i think 2u/3u in the old syllabus) in year 7. they also taught partial fractions (without the 4u integration, just how to make partial fractions) in year 10, stuff like that. i don't know if they still do that anymore, but some schools like to go crazy, especially in junior years where it won't matter.
bruh 3U locusts yr 7? Ur school is from Ohio 💀

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
bruh 3U locusts yr 7? Ur school is from Ohio 💀
if it helps i literally don't remember a single part of it. i still don't know why we had to because if you asked me to find like the focus-directrix of a parabola i'd tell you i have no idea

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)