I'm joining Dr Du (Y11)- what do I need to catch up on? (1 Viewer)

contro3ler

HSC
Ayo so I'm joining dr du for 3u this term (yessir im smart asf i got into a1). I havent done maths tutoring before, and I asked the receptionist, but she told me that they couldnt help me catch up to the rest of the class.

If any1 goes du currently could you please just tell me the topic that you guys are currently doing and like any other info? Idk the receptionist seemed really really unwilling to help at all lol ๐Ÿ’€ I alr paid so cant go back ๐Ÿ˜ญ

kkk579

hello
HSC
Ayo so I'm joining dr du for 3u this term (yessir im smart asf i got into a1). I havent done maths tutoring before, and I asked the receptionist, but she told me that they couldnt help me catch up to the rest of the class.

If any1 goes du currently could you please just tell me the topic that you guys are currently doing and like any other info? Idk the receptionist seemed really really unwilling to help at all lol ๐Ÿ’€ I alr paid so cant go back ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Bruh Dr Du is a scam for not giving you the previous recordings, even Ngo and Sons gives them to you if you join late

kkk579

hello
HSC
Another suggestion: you could prehaps join another tutor for maths to catch up on the topics you missed out on until you finish everything Dr Du has already completed.

kkk579

hello
HSC
I'd say it's pretty accurate though. It only slows the pace if a student can't get ahold of the content in time. Only a disadvantage for the whole class. Even if videos were provided, the content is most likely going to be rushed- additionally the videos are valuable asf, all proffessionally recorded and scripted. I was in A3's online last yr (only just got in A2's from promotion last wk) for 3U math, and despite the fact i'm practically forced to do tuition f2f now, I'd feel pretty pissed if I knew that the videos I spent nearly 4k now on last yr is being used to facilitate new students as a brief 'introduction'.
Thatโ€™s fair enough but imo I wouldnโ€™t mind if they gave the recordings LOL

Average Boreduser

๐™ฑ๐šŠ๐š—๐š—๐šŽ๐š
HSC
maybe facilities r better? dk for sure, the environments are different from I've heard about Ngo.

contro3ler

HSC
๐Ÿ’€ you're late now bud... Yr 12 3U starts next term course (so try doing cambridge 3U book as prep or smn)
wait so @Pethmin du starts year 12 course next term? so you've done everything in adv and 3u aside from induction? nah homie im screwed they putting me back to a3 ๐Ÿ’€

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
why is it that much more expensive/ why is ngo that cheap
anyone know?
ngo was founded in the 90s or something in the southwest sydney region to cater to lower-income families in the area, probably why
no idea for du (they probably just want you to sell your kidneys or something)

Yeah I remember Induction was a pretty big concept we learnt towards the end of last term's
3u induction is a big concept?? i personally don't think it is, seeing as the steps are pretty easy to follow. the only thing you need to succeed for induction is a good handling of algebra (which everyone at extension level should have). i would say it would be the quickest and shortest topic in year 12 (because for 3u it's just the basic series and divisibility). even in school induction was covered in a single day over a double period

Average Boreduser

๐™ฑ๐šŠ๐š—๐š—๐šŽ๐š
HSC
ngo was founded in the 90s or something in the southwest sydney region to cater to lower-income families in the area, probably why
no idea for du (they probably just want you to sell your kidneys or something)

3u induction is a big concept?? i personally don't think it is, seeing as the steps are pretty easy to follow. the only thing you need to succeed for induction is a good handling of algebra (which everyone at extension level should have). i would say it would be the quickest and shortest topic in year 12 (because for 3u it's just the basic series and divisibility). even in school induction was covered in a single day over a double period
nah its just that I had a different tutor as my teacher and bro started picking out the dictionary and probs used about 80% of the time of one lesson on induction's definition instead of establishing the method on how to approach questions. If I had my original tutor it would at most take 1 lesson. Even then it took about 2 lessons anyway. My main point was that it would be considered hard in the eyes of someone who may not have encountered theory we've discussed previously (ie sequences and series,etcetc)- and also given that when we review induction again for 4U (and maybe again in the 3U course for yr 12?) it would be assumed. The dude will have to go through a fair bit of content to understand induction- which may pose to be relatively content heavy.

kkk579

hello
HSC
why is it that much more expensive/ why is ngo that cheap
anyone know?
Dr Du makes the price so high because he knows his results will lure in more selective kids, whose parents are willing to pay a lot to ensure their kids get the same/similar marks(ig the high marks ensure a sense of security for the parents as they think their kids would also get those results?) A lot of those that go to Du go to very good selective schools like Ruse, Syd Boys and Baulko which is why his results are so good. If iโ€™m being honest, most ofthose students would probably get those results no matter where they went, especially the Ruse kids.

kkk579

hello
HSC
Dr Du makes the price so high because he knows his results will lure in more selective kids, whose parents are willing to pay a lot to ensure their kids get the same/similar marks(ig the high marks ensure a sense of security for the parents as they think their kids would also get those results?) A lot of those that go to Du go to very good selective schools like Ruse, Syd Boys and Baulko which is why his results are so good. If iโ€™m being honest, most ofthose students would probably get those results no matter where they went, especially the Ruse kids.
Since Ngo and Sons results arenโ€™t as outstanding as Dr Du(thereโ€™s still a lot of selective school students but not as much as Du) if they made the price the same as Du literally no one would go there, everyone would rather go to Dr Du

skzzks

HSC

iโ€™m in A2 but A1 does same topics so far for 3u weโ€™ve covered all of functions and coord geo (donโ€™t stress too much abt thst itโ€™s so easy) and then we did trig and inverse trig (double angles, triple angles, compound angles etc) and then sequences and series and induction but tbh if u got into A1 then catching up shouldnt rlly be much of an issue as if they thought that u were too behind they wouldnโ€™t have put u in a1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)