i thought it was hard =( (1 Viewer)

leeraff

HSC
eh dont worry....did u find it hard but u felt you went alrite, or did u find it hard and that reflects how u went?

Every test is hard, just reflect on how you felt after the trial and your mark then.....if u feel better out of this one, then u willl prob go better.

Alexander

Gold Member
Im always tough on myself after an exam---i dont see the point of saying "im expecting 95" and ending up with 62...how embarassing would that be? More satisfying expecting a lower mark and getting a higher one. I told my parents id be happy to pass.
But anyway it doesnt matter. Ya get what ya get.

Legend007

The best thing to do is not think about the exam, regardless of how u thought u went. I thought i did ok, but I'm not going to dwell on anything. Just throw the question booklet away and focus on the next exam, and don't stress it's just not worth it. :)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
My teacher, the most Senior marker at the Sydney marking centre said many kids will actually have a lot of problems with this exam, thinking it was really easy or at least not too challenging, and they will get marks that will disappoint them. He said the questions were deliberately very loaded, so anyone that didn't take the time to analyse and read them properly will have just jumped into it and gushed out a whole lot of irrelevant and superficial information. He also said that many people who don't actually address the question and use analysis will get a shock cos they're generally the ones who think it was really easy.
So beware guys.

Benno

HSC
well both question i did were "discuss" which is short for crap on about this, which i did, all the time refering the main issue back to what i had said

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
Originally posted by Ms 12
My teacher, the most Senior marker at the Sydney marking centre said many kids will actually have a lot of problems with this exam, thinking it was really easy or at least not too challenging, and they will get marks that will disappoint them. He said the questions were deliberately very loaded, so anyone that didn't take the time to analyse and read them properly will have just jumped into it and gushed out a whole lot of irrelevant and superficial information. He also said that many people who don't actually address the question and use analysis will get a shock cos they're generally the ones who think it was really easy.
So beware guys.
I totally agree, Just because they set easy questions, doesn't mean you'll necessarily get the high marks. An easy question may be balanced out by tough marking criteria. I'm not saying that everyone doesn't have a right to be confident, but it'd be wise to keep your expectations in check....

Alexander

Gold Member
" the expectations of the history students was very high around 12:30 thursday, but as time wore on, they were to grow horrified and dissilusioned (as suggested by the Ms 12 source) with the war...i mean mark"

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
Originally posted by Benno
yeah your right

"deflates ego"
Ah don't worry Benno, at least we got Mod out of the way. It'll be sad though, No more studying Comrade Trotsky.....

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Hehe I didn't mean to scare you guys, Im sure we've got some amazing modern history students here, Im just saying not to be complacent that you will get an amazing mark because the questions were deceptive.

Benno

HSC
Lol yeah and no more studying that evil bitch Leni, opps i mean that great "Artist"

dun worry im not scared..... much :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)