I seriously don't know how to study (1 Viewer)

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
After recieving my marks back from 1/2 yearlies... i finally realised how shit my methods of study are....

Advice is urgently needed... i also can't keep a balance between all my subjects and i cant keep a balance from tv, social events etc

HELP

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
At least you're aware that there are distractions and problems.

I think the bit that makes me procrastinate is the overwhelming amount of work. You don't feel like reading the whole book, or you don't feel like writing the whole essay, it's just too much. Try setting smaller goals, smaller amounts of time to study. ie: write the essay for about 30 minutes, then reward yourself with 30 minutes of television/internet. Then go back to the essay. Make sure you stick to this.

If this only ruins your train of thought, try taking up some initiative by disconnecting the internet from your computer, or think ahead about how much work you have due next week, and do not let any social events deter you from it. You have to be selective about your social events and leisures by being realistic about your work. If it's going to be hell to finish an essay in one day, then do not leave it for one day, make realistic goals that are particular to you.

I avoided any social events last weekend because I was aware that while doing this major assignment that's due this wednesday, I'll procrastinate for short periods like I usually do, such as on BoS. So instead of having Monday & Tuesday to do this assignment I have, I've got Friday to Tuesday to do this assignment but have room to kick back for a few minutes. Take note of how you operate with your work, and be realistic.

That's all I have to offer really.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
Thanks.... i can relate to that... i leave the computer on standby like all day, and every 10 minutes of doing school work i go back and forth... its the worst distraction ever...

today for instance, i got home early after free period-- around 3... didnt start homework until now.... and even writing this is distracting me, when i should be trying to work out some question im stuck on

IronMaiden

HSC
N/A
Study is the devil.

Say hello to fluke, he is your new best friend.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
IronMaiden said:
Study is the devil.

i wish fluke was my friend :)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
IronMaiden said:
Study is the devil.

Recently I've been having flukes come back to me.

Like, when I really really try to do an assignment properly, I do worse than if I had done it the night before.

:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)