i HATE king lear (1 Viewer)

ay_caramba

Crazily Sane.
HSC
i loved the module A and C questions but thought the KL question was an absolute shocker.. my own interpretation, what interpretation??? did anyone else stuff it up too?
and what the hell did it mean by two extracts?? 2 scenes?? aaarrgh
my whole response was a load of blabber "i believe this and that" bleh..kind of like a mixture of other critics' readings and saying which ones i agree with...
omg..
i want to burn my KL book but i have to return it to the library :D

senso

Left BOS 11/04
HSC
N/A
Yeah, before the test lots of people were saying that you should create your own interpretation. In an exemplar i read, it was a conversation question, and the guy said he would have lear using an abacus in the first scene (to show he puts a vlaue on their love etc), which i guess is what they were lookng for.
But i didn't prepare one so i just said i agreed with eyre's because i have a similar context to him which makes his more relevant to me compared to say tate's

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
yeh wot u did was fine...but taht exemplar was quite a good essay, the abacus thing was a gold idea that i cudnt rememba or i wuda thrown it in :p

elizabethmary

didnt 2 extracts justmean 2 readings.. thats what i did.. and they were my critical intrepretation i didnt specify... ahhhh

corro

HSC
i just talked about some interpretations and productions didnt talk about my 'own' interpretation as such

skittlebrau

I did Wuthering Heights rather than Lear... but I found that whole question AWFUL. I just made two readings then wrote about half a page on how it could be interpreted differently depending on who is the person interpreting it and their context and... yeah. That's about all I wrote. I'm just praying my Section I and III essays are alright... because I know I messed this up.

elizabethmary

yeah i did love test - family/morality reading looking at kindness in the world and the need for a solid family to ensure that the world doesnt become dysfunctional
and then a existential reading which is liek the exact opposite so it was hard saying how one reaing of love could be revlent to a reading of hate in modern audience.. somehow i said they complemented each other and stuff.. it was interesting very interesting.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
lol i done everything all the interpretations and readings and productions i could remember

sara_s

yeh bloody hell that question was bullshit...i just spoke about the fact that in todays society shakespeare would be viewed as being sexist and about feminism blah blah blah and also order vs chaos n how when the women had the power there was choas but when the men regained power order was restored i had no i idea what i was on about.... but oh well its ova gotta move on!!!

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I hated that question, everyone in my class when we got out just looked at each other and went "WTF was with that lear question"

We had no idea of what to do!

henry

HSC
I think that if you look at king lear in his context you will see that he was a good guy. His stupid daughters, not listening to the every whim of the male patriarch.

Good old days, what happened to them?

blacmajic

HSC
N/A
well, when i first got out of the exam i thought my Lear essay was sweet, but then i was talking to some people and realised i didnt read the question properly, so i wrote about 2 interpretations (Eyre and Brooke), and not my own!!! that really sux, i cant believe i screwed up so bad!!
did anyone else do that?
anyone know what kind of marks you get for doing that? (shitty ones obviously!)

ando2409

HSC
The Tragedy of King Lear is so named because it was a tragedy it was ever published.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)