I felt Clueless... (1 Viewer)

Maryrose

Hey guys
Well i hope you all went well but i have to admit i felt totally clueless when i read the transformations qn. I sat there and re read it about 5 times before i even grasped what it was asking me.
I was totally freaking out and i still dont know what i wrote...plz tell me someone else felt this way too???????:confused:
I thought the critical study qn was pretty good and powerplay was good too once i got my head around it but transfomations just totally blew me away...
Anyways no point in whinging now ENGLISH IS OVER FOREVER!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D
Goodluck everyone!!!!!!!!

PS plz can someone reply just to let me know how they felt about the qn on clueless and emma...just so i know whether or not i am totally clueless or whether others found it difficult too

Last edited:

peter_g43

You are not alone. I thought the question was hard to understand and after I thought about it, it wasn't exactly the question that I'd been expecting.

After a while it seemed a bit simpler than I thought it was but I don't think that they needed to make the question soo difficult to understand.

Other people from my class though the same and although the paper was easier than expected, it took more than justthe reading time to understand what the question was asking.

gonzalina

i though it was one of the best questions that possible could have been asked. there are almost two hundred years between the two texts. contextually, the two societies have COMPLETELY different values. yes, the themes are the same...but hasn't how we view the class system changed? damn...why do good ideas always come after the exam? anyway... the class system in austen's society is based on wealth and manners. this is contrast to heckerling's, where what you wear, what you BUY, and who you know becomes important. Tai succeeds (for a while anyway), where harriet doesn't.

etc etc etc

evie

I thought it was a hard question..I mean, I re-read the question a couple of times then got an idea as to how I was gonna approach it..but it was hard I must admit!

gonzalina-- I mentioned most of the things you talked about in your post so here's hoping! :D

Alienator

I never want to hear the word clueless again
and i will die if i ever have to watch that movie again ARGHhh
i must admit i wasnt too thrilled with the transformations question either
i think i did the worst in that section so i know how you guys feel
im not sure it all made sense either:chainsaw: :D

mrsaddictive

im so angry bout that module.. the question fuly confused me and i felt shit trying to think while evryone else was scribbling away.
Fewww, i thought i was the only one that hated it.
its ironic cauz clueless is one of my fav movies and i stuffed up in it. dont think ill watch it in the same way again.
i really liked speeches for some weird reason and powerplay wasn't all too bad, but clueless is a different story or in this case film.

wishing to be somebody else, is wasting the person u are.

Arch-man

It took me about 10 reads to wrap my head around the question, but even then I didn't fully understand what it was trying to say.

freedom

yep fully agree

the sentence structure was very weird-

we were lucky we were told from the begining that it was all about context and the societies values within these contexts.

our advanced classes at our school went fully cluless when we printed shirts with our fave clueless quote on it and and at the back we had "Its all about context!" and wore them for our mufti day!

:p

spice girl

magic mirror
hehehe...

the question basically asked which aspects of Transformations did you enjoy best, and why...

so it's kinda personal essay - write your opinion, and write everything you know about the transformation...

Zarnow

like most essay type questions... all u have to do is make a few arguments... then back them up with evidence etc. my teahcer, who has marked english papers for a few years now has always said that it doesn't matter if you dont have time to write a conclusion, as long as u get the intro and body down pat!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)