i feel like i am just doomed to get a shit ATAR bc i failed year 11. is there hope for a good ATAR? (1 Viewer)

mozzacats

HSC
Pleaseee help me
Basically,

I ranked in pretty much last in three of my five subjects last year (prelim semester 2 reports). I decided to pull my head out of my ass and try for my year 12 assessments. Right now, after semester one YEAR 12, I am sitting at:
Legal studies: 73% average mark and ranked 10/28
Society and culture: 95% average mark and ranked 2/29
English: 55% average mark (this excluded an assessment that got marked after they came out, i got 87%) and ranked 64/71
SOR2: 50% average mark (again, excluded a 80% task) ranked 50/61
i also do a TAFE course (it is ATAR just no ranks or anything its completely reliant on HSC exam) so thats why theres only 4 subjects written there

I am really stressing now about how well I will preform. I recognise that I have obviously improved amazingly, but I am just worried that it all happened too late... I don't like 'need' a really high atar but i know i will regret it so fkn much if i get a shitty atar.

whens the best time to start creating notes and revising?
How many hours a day should i study for to achieve the best results?
does anyone have any advice?

my final question:
is there any way I would be able to achieve an ATAR above 80?

I am so fucking terrified. help :(

stressedadfff

HSC
Pleaseee help me
Basically,

I ranked in pretty much last in three of my five subjects last year (prelim semester 2 reports). I decided to pull my head out of my ass and try for my year 12 assessments. Right now, after semester one YEAR 12, I am sitting at:
English: 55% average mark (this excluded an assessment that got marked after they came out, i got 87%) and ranked 64/71
i also do a TAFE course (it is ATAR just no ranks or anything its completely reliant on HSC exam) so thats why theres only 4 subjects written there

I am really stressing now about how well I will preform. I recognise that I have obviously improved amazingly, but I am just worried that it all happened too late... I don't like 'need' a really high atar but i know i will regret it so fkn much if i get a shitty atar.

my final question:

honestly same. First stage of grief: denial. im going through stage 2: acceptance currently

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A
There are still other assessments and trial HSC exams to go, so plenty of opportunities to keep improving for your assessments. The HSC exams themselves also contribute fifty percent, independently to your assessment mark, so if you keep on this trajectory, you are likely to do well. Set your sights on whichever career(s) you are interested in, rather than on a specific ATAR, simply for the sake of it alone. If it’s absolutely necessary, you can always resit one or more subjects (or take other subjects) the next year to achieve a better ATAR, but very few people ever find it necessary once they get into a course or apprenticeship of their choice. It sounds cliche, but I do know people who had very high ATARs (or equivalent) who aren’t all that successful, whilst others with low ATARs are doing well in their chosen professions. The key is to try and do the best you can along your journey. You’ve already made great gains in a short time. Keep it up!

Last edited:

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Pleaseee help me
Basically,

my final question:

In addition to the above:

The best time to start creating notes and revising is now. Writing notes and revising them regularly allows you to study more effectively, and doing so early allows for more study time, so you can determine the best study strategy that will work for you.

There generally isn’t a specific study time requirement, but the more time you can spend studying, the more content you can cover and the better your understanding of that content will be.

Yes, there definitely is a way of getting an ATAR above 80!

To achieve your desired ATAR, you need to maintain your current Society and Culture rank and make sure you can keep pulling yourself up in English and SOR II like you are currently doing, as that will improve your rank, meaning you will be in a better position as you get to the HSC exam. If possible, try to improve your Legal Studies average as doing so will improve your rank and bring you closer to your ATAR goal. But yeah, you are definitely on the right track!

All the best 😄

Directrix

Spirit Lifter
HSC
Pleaseee help me
Basically,

my final question:

87 ATAR from The Buzman Estimate, he is now owned by the Alternative corporation, and assuming that the english level here is advanced

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)