I’m upset (1 Viewer)

ImSadAndIKnowIt

HSC
So My year 11 Yearlys were absolutely dreadful, I had vigorously studied and I still didn’t do well with the online setting. So the situation now is that I am forced to drop down to Standard Maths 1 and English Studies 🙁 by my Year Advisor and Career Advisor who both think I’m not good at studying and get a good ATAR. My parents were also really upset at the poor results and they think they should give up on purchasing resources for me as they think no matter what I do, they always would become a tradie. So my question is, is it possible to change results in Year 12 completely and get a good ATAR with English Studies and Maths Standard 1 because both are NON-ATAR subjects. I hoping that I could bounce back from these tough times and prove people around me wrong.

vishnay

God
HSC
So My year 11 Yearlys were absolutely dreadful, I had vigorously studied and I still didn’t do well with the online setting. So the situation now is that I am forced to drop down to Standard Maths 1 and English Studies 🙁 by my Year Advisor and Career Advisor who both think I’m not good at studying and get a good ATAR. My parents were also really upset at the poor results and they think they should give up on purchasing resources for me as they think no matter what I do, they always would become a tradie. So my question is, is it possible to change results in Year 12 completely and get a good ATAR with English Studies and Maths Standard 1 because both are NON-ATAR subjects. I hoping that I could bounce back from these tough times and prove people around me wrong.
this just screams unfair on so many levels ur essentially being denied opportunities that u rightfully deserve

u absolutely can bounce back with enough work and i suggest u don't let the negativity get to u and try ur best to negotiate with ur head teachers to get u back into atar subjects

Disssi

HSC
N/A
They have no right to do that wtf

laterz laterz

HSC
bruh thats messed up
first of all, are they allowed to do that? if that was me I would legit sue them for this no cap
have you talked to your Principal? you should defo go to him/her with your parents and ask your parents to seriously deal with the matter

iwanttodogoodinschool

HSC
agree with everything said above ^

Also, you can 100% get a good ATAR. Best thing about Year 11 is that it doesn't matter at all. Now you know what went wrong and you can work to improve your studying methods in Year 12. With hard work and consistency, you can absolutely get the ATAR you desire.

Don't listen to those demotivating people around you. They don't know what you are capable of. Only you know.

uniqueusername1

HSC
bro i was in your situation so I can help you (wasn't forced to drop tho). I've failed many times - OC, Selective, Naplan, kindy to yr 10. I just was never naturally gifted. But, I never gave up. I got to year 11-12 and just started grinding (all I did was study lol). My grades started flipping and I started seeing 90s (besides eng lol).

Just do these 3 things - Be disciplined, consistent and change your attitude (if you were not that serious before). You'll see results.

But keep these things in mind:

a) You gotta be willing to sacrifice a lot (meeting with friends etc...) - well some will argue no but, I was a drop kick so I had to grind lol.

b) Failing is good. The day you fail is not the day you'll become a tradie. However, the day you give up and become contempt with your situation is the day you'll become a tradie.

sab13562

HSC
Yes you can!! My marks in year 12 were actually better than year 11 by a bunch. The main thing is to try your best and work hard. And keep that mindset that you will prove them wrong, because you can! Also, you don't need to purchase resources to do well in year 12, there are a lot of youtube videos and online free resources (acehsc) which will help you in your journey.

Also, keep in mind some unis allow you to enter a course before you get your ATAR through early offer programs. Do your research and once the applications are open, try to apply to as many as them as possible. Some unis actually let you in unconditionally, that is, no ATAR minimum with the offer.

I wish you all the best, and stay strong my friend.

iwanttodogoodinschool

HSC
bro i was in your situation so I can help you (wasn't forced to drop tho). I've failed many times - OC, Selective, Naplan, kindy to yr 10. I just was never naturally gifted. But, I never gave up. I got to year 11-12 and just started grinding (all I did was study lol). My grades started flipping and I started seeing 90s (besides eng lol).

Just do these 3 things - Be disciplined, consistent and change your attitude (if you were not that serious before). You'll see results.

But keep these things in mind:

a) You gotta be willing to sacrifice a lot (meeting with friends etc...) - well some will argue no but, I was a drop kick so I had to grind lol.

b) Failing is good. The day you fail is not the day you'll become a tradie. However, the day you give up and become contempt with your situation is the day you'll become a tradie.
Literally. I was in a similar situation too in Year 11. I barely went to school because my anxiety and depression got to a whole new low. My attendance was barely 50% and I just passed my yearlies. I got some help by the time Year 11 was ending and moved schools for Year 12.

Believe me, due to this, I missed out on learning a lot of the fundamental concepts for my subjects, especially maths and eco, in which Year 11 topics were essential for Year 12. But I grinded hella hard that first term of Year 12 and caught up on the main things. From there, it got easier.

Believe it or not, I finished internals with a solid band 5 in maths and came first in eco (among other subjects).

So it is 100% possible to bounce back.

You can prove your parents wrong, just like I did. 😆

ImSadAndIKnowIt

HSC
Thanks everyone for the ongoing support, I had discussed with my parents and decided to make a meeting with the school principal and the year advisor with my parents to discuss how disadvantaged I was on being forced to drop to Non ATAR pathway. I never realised how much generally support I would of gotten from this page. I thought I was gonna be called dumb or referred as a hopeless person. I just showed this whole thread to my parents showing how many people have supported in improving in Year 12. I wish everyone in this thread who’s doing the HSC to remain positive and become who u become. Thank you all. ❤🥲

YourLocalDumbAss

HSC
N/A
Thanks everyone for the ongoing support, I had discussed with my parents and decided to make a meeting with the school principal and the year advisor with my parents to discuss how disadvantaged I was on being forced to drop to Non ATAR pathway. I never realised how much generally support I would of gotten from this page. I thought I was gonna be called dumb or referred as a hopeless person. I just showed this whole thread to my parents showing how many people have supported in improving in Year 12. I wish everyone in this thread who’s doing the HSC to remain positive and become who u become. Thank you all. ❤🥲
“My hearts a stereo
It beats for you, so listen close
Hear my thoughts in every note, oh oh
Make me your radio
Turn me up when you feel low
This melody was meant for you
Just sing along to my stereo”

• Haha
Reactions: 8=D

sab13562

HSC
Good on you for standing up for yourself. I hope you get the ATAR you want and make your parents proud! If you ever need any help, I'm always open.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)