human story, out of syllabus (1 Viewer)

danieljarvis

HSC
last question in The human story.

WAS NOT IN THE FUCKING SYLLABUS. we didnt have to learn the names of the models!!! :( fucking assholes. i figured it had to be out of africa and regional continuity.. but after my teacher also said it was outo f the syllabus!! FUCKS.

besdies that test was fairly simple.

HSC
danieljarvis said:
last question in The human story.

WAS NOT IN THE FUCKING SYLLABUS. we didnt have to learn the names of the models!!! :( fucking assholes. i figured it had to be out of africa and regional continuity.. but after my teacher also said it was outo f the syllabus!! FUCKS.

besdies that test was fairly simple.
Call up the Board of Studies and tell them. If you can prove it was not part of the dot points they'll give special consideration for it like they did in Legal Studies.

danieljarvis

HSC
will they only do it by invdividuals who call up? or for the whole state who did it.

cos my teacher said he was going to ring up and ask about it.

HSC
danieljarvis said:
will they only do it by invdividuals who call up? or for the whole state who did it.

cos my teacher said he was going to ring up and ask about it.
No it would have to be the whole State (or whoever was doing the Human Story) because it would affect everyone that had to do that question.

But the Board of Studies will only do something if teachers (especially) and students call. Its a good idea if your teacher calls up because they are an expert on the syllabus. But its also good if students either call the Board of Studies or email them.

danieljarvis

HSC
yeah cos, when i saw it i was like.. wtf that questions either worded wrong or on something our teacher specifically said was not in the syllabus.. and so i assumed was worded wrong n wrote that answer ... then i got out n saw my teacher and it was circled and the first thing he showed me... so he's probly called by now and ill email them now.

thanks buddy

repz

HSC
i ended up doin the human story question lol
my option was communication tho
but found this one easier

Zali

HSC
yeah last question was a bit weird i kinda half thought they might have been talking about 'out of africa' etc half way through my ansa so i kinda talked a bout evidence for both types of models n well in the end i just drew a table afta my ansa to compare them cos i definately wasn't comparing through my paragraph. how good was the 7 marks on trends tho.

my teacher predicted all year they'd hav some stimulus on that hobit thing from indonesia n they did.

Abtari

HSC
that question was totally fucked...not in the syllabus according to the way it was worded

i ended up talking about out of africa and regional continuity cos thats the only two theories that we have learnt!!!

they better compensate, i reckon, for all those who did human story for that question....

so unfair

danieljarvis

HSC
yeah my teacher predicted Homo florensiensis would get a run to lol!!

yeah i was so unsure, so i compared the evidence for out of africa and regional continuity. we never had to learn the different interpretational models of what species we evolved from!! just the two major theories! so im complaining.

and yeah that 7 mark question was so easy and straight forward.. so many points to make on mobility, medicine and genetic engineering!

but i didnt think karyotype analysis could be singled out to single chromosomes, i thought it was the whole chromosome set being looked at. so i wrote DNA something instead :( damn

Zali

HSC
we did hav to learn about 2 different models and evidence that supported them but they didn't have to be specific they could be based on our own interpretation of evidence as long as we backed it up so there was no specific name for these models thats y it was confusing and i ended up talking about out of africa etc models

ishq

brown?
HSC
I thought it was Out of Africa and Regional Continuity Theory too. However, some of the kids in my class went at wrote down punctuated and gradual evolution. That made a bit of sense - if you considered that one model was linear and the other was all over the fucking place. However, its in Blueprint, not Human Story - so it would, techinically, be an out of syllabus question.

So I guess - the basic option is Out of Africa and Regional Continuity - and if you gave examples to back yourself up, which corellated with the figures, it would, hopefully, salvage some marks :D

Yes, marraige would solve many problems. And help our polymorphic species. :D

Abtari

HSC
for that technique question, i said it was DNA sequencing....

cos you're comparing the sequence of the DNA i.e. order of nucleotides for a single chromosome....

and how can that be karyotpye analysis anyway, karyotype analysis involves looking at a karyotype, hence the name karyotype analysis.... i mean the diagram clearly showed the focus on a single chromosome, and furthermore, not just that, they were focusing on the banding patterns, which relate directly to the sequencing of nucleotides...

ishq

brown?
HSC
Abtari said:
for that technique question, i said it was DNA sequencing....

cos you're comparing the sequence of the DNA i.e. order of nucleotides for a single chromosome....

and how can that be karyotpye analysis anyway, karyotype analysis involves looking at a karyotype, hence the name karyotype analysis.... i mean the diagram clearly showed the focus on a single chromosome, and furthermore, not just that, they were focusing on the banding patterns, which relate directly to the sequencing of nucleotides...
I thought it was Karyotype Analysis. Karyotype Analysis compares the banding patterns of individual chromosomes in the chromosome set between two species. Whether a certian region is inverted, added to another chromosome, shortened, where it is placed on the chromosome etc.

DNA Sequencing, on the other hand, compares the sequencing of nucleotides and the order of the bases (A/T/G/C) How close these orders are can give an indication of their evolutionary relationship.

There were definately no bases in that diagram.

eddie4eva

Why did everyone write about Out of Africa theory and that? Didn't that question relate to comparing two different models of human evolution tracing?
I write about H.erectus and H.neaderthals and and stuff?
Im I wrong?
I thought it was heaps easy

bluebaby

HSC
N/A
-_- the two figure represents the models...ALSO the Q even TELL U NAME THE MODEL LOL...wat other model is there -_-

danieljarvis

HSC
yeah the question asked about the models. it specifically says the two modles 1 and 2 that were shown in the question. and compare the evidence that supports them.
fucking stupid. how does 5 specimens in a flow chart show us ANY fucking evidence what so ever,

mlloyd

Stupid models

It wasn't about the out of africa stuff, that's just wrong. That focuses on how humans evolved from watever the previous species was, out of the archaic forms of homo sapiens (ie: the asian, african and european) and became modern human. That wasn't at all relevant to the models provided.

The question was looking for the names of the models, like "linear" and "divergent" evolution. Specific scientists like Colin Graves and Bernard Wood developed these models of human evolution which are called the "Graves model" or the "Wood model" or the "Leakey model" or watever the scientist who thought of that path of evolution for hominids took place based on the fossil record. So pretty much the question wanted to know what type of evolution you were looking at, and give an example of a specific model that you should have learnt (which is in the syllabus) that it could have been, because most models that the scientists produce do follow that figure which was given, and the first figure was simply calle the linear model for human evolution.

danieljarvis

HSC
it didnt ask to give a model that we learnt. it asked us to name the models shown, and compare evidence that supports them.
The syllabus asks us to learn about secondary sources to analyse and evaluate the evidence for two different models of human evolution.
This question gave us a model to name 1st hand.

If it asked us to name a view about human evolution or compare two different, fine. But it didnt. It asked for the two models names that it showed, there were no specifics asked for in the syllabus.

Yes the syllabus asks for the contribution of ONE of the following. the Leakey family
Johanson
Broom
Tobias
Dart
Goodall

But nothing this exact as the question fucking asked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)