HSC Standard Mathematics Predictions / Thoughts (1 Viewer)

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
For the exam on Monday 26th October

Good luck with the exam Class of 2020, on behalf of us all on BOS!

Share your predictions of what will show up in the exam and thoughts here on how you found it.

DaBossMan

HSC
I never finished the weird exponential one because i had no clue what it was asking and i got Simon's IQ wrong. I think i should still be able to get in the 90's but that exam was way harder then any of the practice exams I have done.
Yeah, much harder than I expected. I sort of understood how to do most of them but how did you do the last one about annuities??

teddy123

HSC
Yeah, much harder than I expected. I sort of understood how to do most of them but how did you do the last one about annuities??
I used the table to find the total value of the first 20 days and add it to the next 10 (or 11?) days to get a total. Then i think i went to far by trying to turn it to a present value. I should get some working marks though.

DaBossMan

HSC
I used the table to find the total value of the first 20 days and add it to the next 10 (or 11?) days to get a total. Then i think i went to far by trying to turn it to a present value. I should get some working marks though.
Yeah ok, I did something similar...But I was confused abut the effect taking money out would have.
I ended up with 43000 I think. Anyone else get that?

DaBossMan

HSC
You mean years right?

Mazar97

HSC
Why was that exam so hard. It was harder than all the practice paper I did. Can someone pls tell me what they got for the cricket question

Mazar97

HSC
Also I never knew some questions are the same in the standard and advanced paper

DaBossMan

HSC
Why was that exam so hard. It was harder than all the practice paper I did. Can someone pls tell me what they got for the cricket question
I can't remember the final answer but I for the gradient 'b' I got 2 point something and then just lugged the rest of the numbers into the formula.

teddy123

HSC
The IQ question was simultaneous equations algebraically right? because i thought that wasn't a part of our syllabus.

DaBossMan

HSC
The IQ question was simultaneous equations algebraically right? because i thought that wasn't a part of our syllabus.
Yeah I think it was about 101. It was pretty easy because if you write out the z score formula they both had Z as the subject so they had to equal each other.

mickii mickii

HSC
N/A
it was just making the two equations equal to each other. Simultaneous equations is when you have to find two unknown variables. in this question there was only one unknow variable - his IQ

Last edited:

Mazar97

HSC
It was making the two equations for finding Z score equal to each other. I got 101

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)