HSC Extension 2 Mathematics Predictions / Thoughts (1 Viewer)

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
For the exam on Monday 26th October

Good luck with the exam Class of 2020, on behalf of us all on BOS!

Share your predictions of what will show up in the exam and thoughts here on how you found it.

Unknown Scholar

HSC
The final question is probably going to be a scaffolded formal proof of a known mathematical identity, except this time they will emphasise the pain of inequalities.

Maybe one of the many ways of proving e or pi or some mathematical constant is irrational.

MrGresh

HSC
The final question is probably going to be a scaffolded formal proof of a known mathematical identity, except this time they will emphasise the pain of inequalities.

Maybe one of the many ways of proving e or pi or some mathematical constant is irrational.
I sincerely hope not, those questions are always such a P A I N to do

shashysha

HSC
feel like theyre gonna chuck in some shitty vector proofs and the weird physical induction ones. just proof oml bane of my existence

Husky

HSC
anyone else have a bad feeling the exam is gonna be really difficult?

shashysha

HSC
anyone else have a bad feeling the exam is gonna be really difficult?
Yeah I feel like they're gonna go hard just cause its new syllabus, plus im nearly running out of trials (since most schools bar the top ones recycle CSSA/Western) ://

lolzdj

HSC
Do you think there are any questions in the BoS trials that could actually come up in hsc and are worth trying?
The BOS trials had many vector plane questions that required a solid understanding of the content. I've seen similar q's in trials my teacher supplied and the independent one. I'd say those are worth looking at.
Question 15 of the bored of studies trials (guided proof of normal dist) is not entirely unlike Question 8 (final question at that time) of the 2010 4U exam.
Definitely worth looking at :)

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Do you think there are any questions in the BoS trials that could actually come up in hsc and are worth trying?
Every question in this year’s BoS trials has been deliberately set to be within the scope of the syllabus. So it is definitely possible any one of them could come up in the HSC albeit perhaps with more guidance or hints (it has happened in the past). It’s just that the BoS trials are overly concentrated with harder questions compared to easier ones.

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
I'm feeling confident. Been getting my speed up to finish unseen trials in ~45 minutes so I should have more time on the day to take things slow and steady. Hoping to have plenty of time for the last question - aiming for a state ranking as I missed out on the Ext1 one last year and need that little bit extra to get into med.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)