HSC band speculation: (1 Viewer)

josh312

HSC
so, I despised the HSC english course and everything its advocates(especially that its compulsory), so reason with me:
if there are on average 1.8million yr 12 student that under take their HSC every year, and scaling/bands are recorded on the bases of mass performance. It is then hypothetically possible(this sound rather radical) to undermine the HSC and with enough group effort set the bands lower then what they normally are, call it a low effort high reward strategy. Effectively what i'm saying is that if the state performs terribly on purpose, by default what would have been considered a band 4 would become a band 6, and so on. Any objections to this reasoning?

d1zzyohs

HSC
No, this wouldn't work.
If everyone performed terribly - they would be compared to their cohorts. Then; after NESA realises this hypothetical cohort is complete dogshit; they will tank your internal marks; tank your external marks no matter what you get. I guess if you play the long-game of brainwashing years of students in every school to do bad for multiple years then maybe? haha

carrotsss

HSC
Even if theoretically you managed to convince everyone and NESA didn’t scale everyone down, a ton of people would take advantage of it and do well instead to get insanely good marks.

I too wish it was possible though :(

sammantha

HSC
If I have an average of 30% in Advanced maths and my rank is relatively low but I do really well in the HSC, would I be able to achieve a band 4 in maths?

Nezuko----

HSC
If I have an average of 30% in Advanced maths and my rank is relatively low but I do really well in the HSC, would I be able to achieve a band 4 in maths?
Yes, its even better if your cohort collectively does well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)