HSC ATAR Estimate (1 Viewer)

Milo_

HSC
Been a while, but my sister is now in the HSC and she has received her rankings for her subjects. If possible, will anyone be able to estimate her ATAR based on her rankings? (If you want the averages, I will be able to get them if need be).

Her subjects + Ranks
  • SOR II - 4th / 101
  • Biology - 7th / 39
  • Business Studies - 2nd / 37
  • English Advanced - 8th / 37
  • Food Tech - 2nd / 15th
  • Mathematics Advanced (2U) - 18th / 21

Her school rank in 2020: 244

If you need trial marks too, or whatever, please let me know. I remember when you guys did it for me it was scarily accurate, would be much appreciated!

Class of '21 really have it rough, but I wish the best for all you guys going through these tough times. Best of luck, remember (and I promise you this) the HSC isn't everything, stay healthy :)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Considering the information you have provided, I believe your sister might be looking at an ATAR in the low 90's region (somewhere between 90-94 although I think 92+ specifically would be more accurate).

Despite the fact that her rank in Mathematics Advanced is concerning, the fact that she's taking 12 units overall is quite relieving because the rest of her ranks suggest that Mathematics Advanced will likely end up not counting towards her ATAR anyway.

To supplement estimates provided, I think it would also be a good idea to provide averages, including your sister's marks, in addition to cohort averages and highest marks achieved by her cohort (if possible). While your sister's ranks relative to her cohort are the main consideration with respect to her Assessment Mark, such information can give a good idea of her cohort's academic capabilities, possibly allowing for more accurate estimates.

I hope this helps! :D

Last edited:

icycledough

HSC
Adding on to what jimmy said, it would also be nice if we knew how many people have got Band 6s for those subjects over the last few years (you can find this on the HSCNinja website), to gauge a better understanding of whether she is on track for Band 6s

laterz laterz

HSC
Been a while, but my sister is now in the HSC and she has received her rankings for her subjects. If possible, will anyone be able to estimate her ATAR based on her rankings? (If you want the averages, I will be able to get them if need be).

Her subjects + Ranks
  • SOR II - 4th / 101
  • Biology - 7th / 39
  • Business Studies - 2nd / 37
  • English Advanced - 8th / 37
  • Food Tech - 2nd / 15th
  • Mathematics Advanced (2U) - 18th / 21

Her school rank in 2020: 244

If you need trial marks too, or whatever, please let me know. I remember when you guys did it for me it was scarily accurate, would be much appreciated!

Class of '21 really have it rough, but I wish the best for all you guys going through these tough times. Best of luck, remember (and I promise you this) the HSC isn't everything, stay healthy :)
what jimmy said + she should try to get a good external mark in math as her internal rank isn't as good as her other subjects

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)