• Why did i do 3unit? - Failed.

Votes: 51 13.0%
  • OK - not very happy though

Votes: 111 28.3%
  • Good - pretty average

Votes: 107 27.3%
  • Very good - sloved most of it.

Votes: 110 28.1%
  • 84/84 (I am sure and have double checked)

Votes: 13 3.3%

• Total voters

batigol

Giant
HSC
im wondering if anyone used graphs for Q7 part (iv) and (v)...

lum

HSC
i agree with the diagram, i didn't even know what it was supposed to be, but all of a sudden after 6 mintues, i realised it was supposed to be 3d.. lol

richz

wtf is that a 3d diagram???

if it is that is a really dodgy diagram

Last edited by a moderator:

noodlemantra

Shell
HSC
err...

Hmmm does any body know how to do the circle question in question 3? I just couldn't get it for some reason, i kept getting 21 instead of 12... maybe i'm dyslexic...but generally...hmmm it was ok, I think i got around 60/84...is that meant to be good or bad? I thought question 7 was horrible. I was just like pfft what?! I'm just glad there wasn't that much binomial :D oh well, no more maths ever. I think i had more trouble understanding what I needed to find. I need to learn to read questions properly. I kept on finding the wrong things and then re-reading the question and going, shit! oh well

Chenry

mr sceptic

wow..... everyone's so smart...i lost like 14 marks alredy...hopefully i manage a 65-68

avalonian

HSC
can i just say for those of u reading the ppl going 83 or 82 or something, they r the minority (+ they prob do 4u). if u missed some of 6 and 7 dont worry, they're just designed for the fully techy ppl, im quite sure that almost everyone missed some part of question 7. Not even the 4u ppl at my school finised, or the ones i spoke to.

i didnt like the way they went oddball on us, i kno some of them were easy but they caught me off guard. wtf is with putting in halving the interval not newtons? since when do they put first principles in there? i did them, but they annoyed me.

mark wise im really hoping for 65 or 66/84, that's about as good as i can expect :S.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
*shrugs* It was ok- I am not really caring for 3u since it's my 11th unit; but I think I probably got around 65-75% raw >_> ... didn't know how to do that oil spill question and I skipped a few during the paper (eg. the cyclic quad stuff). Somewhat disappointed that there were no sequence/series (superannuation/bank deposit) style questions.

What'd you guys think of that induction question? I wasn't sure how to write the conclusion for it properly... can barely remember induction let alone what to do when it's an inequality >_> I still got it right I think~

On the upside of all this NO MORE MATHS EVER AGAIN (unless you intend to do finance, economics, statistics or something maths-related in university)

cando

HSC
I thought it was ok, some bits were easy and others were quite hard, very tricky, the main problem I think was the time, no way enough!

I totally agree with you avalonian those people are well and truly in the minority, i.e. the ones who get 99 uai, good on you guys though! For the rest of us don't worry, I'm hopin for a 70/84!

thunderdax

I AM JESUS LOL!
HSC
I thought it was a fairly easy 3u paper. The dodginess of the diagram in Q7 tricked me at first but it wasn't as hard as it looked. Answered all of the questions, prob looking at about 80/84.

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
lol you guys crazy.. :p im hoping for 50+/84.. more like around 60/84 though..

i wanna get 40/50 alligned.. hope i can get it.. from what i read everyone thinks this exam is piss easy or UR ALL LIEING -_______-"

85+ uai here i come.

jayson

HSC
man farout all u guys killed it apparently...

i onli do 3u and i thought it was a challengin test...hopefulli i'll get about 70% raw

bloody 4u pplz..fukin hell....feel more like shit now

jadie_m

HSC
boasboy said:
lol you guys crazy.. :p im hoping for 50+/84.. more like around 60/84 though..

i wanna get 40/50 alligned.. hope i can get it.. from what i read everyone thinks this exam is piss easy or UR ALL LIEING -_______-"

85+ uai here i come.
Yes I agree with you lol. I thought that was ok but still I dont think i got in the 80s or 70s like most of you suspiciously say. Hell, is this board only for top students or something? lol cause it makes me feel like a dumb ass, yeah thanks a lot guys :p...im angry that i didnt answer questions to the best of my ability...ARGH

like_ma_style

Pwincess
HSC
I thought it was quite hard actually. But those questions 6/7 mannnn they were shit lol. And i couldn't get some questions early in the paper which was pissing me off lol. I'm hoping that i at least get 60/84. I dunno because i do 4 unit am i meant to get higher lol :S..oh well no more maths yessss that's something to be happy about.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
I dunno because i do 4 unit am i meant to get higher
nooo!!! you screwed up our scaling above the 3u...

nah.. j/k I thought it was pretty hard aswell compared to previous years, I dun understand why everyone's coming out to say how this is one of the most straightforward exams for 3u..

lum

HSC
don't worry, for the 2/3 u ppl u guys hav no idea how shit most of us felt afterwards for 4u... man i hate myself for that exam.. lol :rolleyes:

Last edited:

mcs

HSC
was not too bad... thats not to say I wont go crap on it but I was going in there this morning with the thought oh s**t but yeh came out thinking yeh not bad. Hoping to get about 60-65 out of 84 Id be very happy with that!

lfc_reds2003

yeh i looked over it twice

and got everything out

so hopefulli 84 but maybe 83 if i made an unnoticed silly

emanuel

I thought it was a fair exam. It was certainly easier then last year's (if anyone recalls the hard binomial Question 7 in that one - killer).

Probably about 65/84, maybe a max of 80% would be very happy with that:)

mattplaysguitar

HSC
i thought it wasnt too bad a paper. i thought 2004 and 2003 where pretty easy so i tohught this would be hard, but it wasnt, and damn Q7 was an easy Q7 to usual, i got 6 marks max 4 it but it was good. and what was wrong with the diagram, i agree it does look very 2D, which is what i first thought, but when u READ THE QUESTION u realise its 3D and it makes sence. The rest of the paper i though was fairly decent with the usual tricks throught the way, not too bad. Q1 was a hard Q1 compared to other papers though, me mate stuffed that up and lost like 20 mins of the exam on Q1!!how cut! what i dont understand is how the hell did people get time to check it??? i worked at full speed (too fast prolly so there will be many stupid mistakes :( ) and only just finished. easy paper, time consuming questions, would have liked more of ur typical questions though, they r changing these types of questions these days, i like the old ones, they r fun! Did anyone else actually, even allitle..did anyone actually enjoy it abit?? i kinda liked it, lol, nerd... but yeah i got out thinkin 55-60 /84 but i went over it and including mistakes im hoppin 70 raw which is sweeet! band 6 please oh please oh please.. sorry for the long message :p

Insanity

HSC
What are you guys ... all James Rusians?

That was the most horrific, terrible 3u Exam ever ... I thought that it was definitely way harder than last year's one and 2003 as well. I thought I could get 80% raw.. but phfft, that's down the drain. most likely it's 60% for me ... makes me feel as if all the work I've done these past 2 years were a waste of time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)