How to "answer the question" (1 Viewer)

kylowatt

HSC
Every teacher says your band is decided by your introduction. So how do I get my Introductions to a 20/20 level so that I dont lose marks, please I need help LMAOOO. I struggle writing intricate thesis which involve all aspects of the module, ive been told I regurgitate too much of the q, please help if you can.

idkkdi

HSC
Every teacher says your band is decided by your introduction. So how do I get my Introductions to a 20/20 level so that I dont lose marks, please I need help LMAOOO. I struggle writing intricate thesis which involve all aspects of the module, ive been told I regurgitate too much of the q, please help if you can.
read the actual module briefs and remember important terms/parts.

regurgitate the q more specifically than the q is written lol with hints of concepts within the module and some bs if you can't pull out anything. Regurgitating a very similar statement to the q is usually a red flag to markers which gives them a bad impression.

i think specificity in the thesis is quite important. you should be clear on how you are answering the question and with what.

vishnay

God
HSC
you seem like a universal serial bus kinda guy

zizi2003_

HSC
What I do is:
- identify the key words of the question (eg, 'anomalies' in human exp)
- try and think what's something new I can bring to the question (eg, instead of restating anomalies/a synonym, I specifically state what's anomalous about the human exp by linking it to an idea in my text)
- you can also make your thesis unique by adding in the context of the composer/s - esp for Mod A comparative essays
- write essay plans/a range of thesis statements for essay questions, rather than writing the whole essay/intro to start off

rajeshtheting

HSC
i know this might not address ur concern but i cant say i fully agree with an intro deciding your band ... yes it is important as it is the furst thing they READ but u dont want to slack off towards the end as this also doesnt bode well with the marker ... topic sentences r crucial as well making sure they link across ideas and are relevant

Wizjaro

HSC
Personally I found reading the question and redefining it in my own words then giving myself an answer, again in my own words, helps me to ensure that I always answer the question. So far this has worked well for me and leading to me achieving good marks in English. Also intro doesn't define what mark your essay will get but it is a good first impression if your intro is good you are more likely to receive a generous mark from the marker as they have a good first impression heading into the bulk of your essay. However, there have been times when someone will write an amazing intro but the rest of the essay falls flat resulting in unsatisfactory results. As such, whilst I do believe the intro in important I think the body paragraphs actually hold the most weight in deterring what range your essay is. I hope that was helpful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)