How "provocative" were your conflicting perspectives ideas (1 Viewer)

pman

Banned
HSC
How "provocative" was too much!I wrote about how all amerians are naive and everyone is racist!did you go further than that

Sarebs

HSC
How "provocative" was too much!I wrote about how all amerians are naive and everyone is racist!did you go further than that
Oh I was getting a bit worried about a quote I used. "Suddenly, a stain on a blue dress wouldn't have been the top priority for a witch hunt, would it?" I was bit worried it was not the type to write about in an exam. :S

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
Oh I was getting a bit worried about a quote I used. "Suddenly, a stain on a blue dress wouldn't have been the top priority for a witch hunt, would it?" I was bit worried it was not the type to write about in an exam. :S
Haha, I said that Ted Hughes and Sylvia Plath hated each other, and that Sylvia Plath although she hated Hughes actually had crazy attraction to him. I remember the sentence exactly... 'In 'Pursuit', Plath presents a dichotomy between inescapable doom and burning sexual desire'.

HSC
I just talked about how getting two sides to a story meant a reader could extract their own truth on the idea without biased views, the style of writing and themes (reality vs appearance) with Hughes and Plath allowed us to get a sense of their personalities.

absorber

HSC
Discussed dramatic style in Caesar + emotional depth and appeal to audience etc. Pity I didn't discuss the 'diverse' component enough, though imo that word's a bit of a wank when it comes to English

sirpoopalot7

HSC
They were pretty sexy. Like I went into Caesar and his wife's private relationships as well as the farmer Jones in Animal Farm and his relations with the dog. Thankyou for Smoking was the easiest, you know just talked about the main character, Nick and his relationship with the journalist. I did a pretty specific scene analysis of the sex scene. High angle shots showing the contemporary view of dominant women, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)