How many speeches did you do for module B? (1 Viewer)

alan au

I did three. I was so happy they did not specify a speech becuase I only knew 3 of them. I did:

- No evil can happen to a good man
- Gettyburg's Address and
- I have a dream

legally_blonde

I did 2 with a passing reference to a third, not because I didn't know any more but I felt I would do better writing in-depth on two that brushing only lightly on several. I did Ghettysburg also as well as The Paul Keating one (the passing reference was to Socrates) :) - how many pages did every one do on this one? I did 6.

ghoolz

HSC
I took a big gamble and only study two speeches well. My main one was Pearson and done a little on Cicero.

I said to people before the exam that they wont specify a speech and they didn't so i'm happy.

I just so glad that english is now over and that i never have to do it again.

sneaker

wrote 9 pages medium size writing about McAleese and Goldman, it was a great question!

leeraff

HSC
- socrates
- king
- atwood, yes atwood, dam long speech

legally_blonde

Yeah Atwood is long, but an interesting speech - I could've used hers - tell me guys - do you think it's better to do a small amount in-depth or a big amount less in-depth?

rotyal

I am extremely excited with my speeches response (if little else), it was a fantastic question.

I used Pearson, Atwood and Levertov. I argued that each remained culturally significant, and Levertov was interesting to encorporate into the debate because she may have already had a "use by date", being rejected and what not.

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
No one agreed!!!

I did Keating and Havel and disagreed with the quote, saying that they had universal values, etc :)

Ac

Last edited:

rennidoodle

i wrote 8 pages of total crap.... i learnt all the speeches briefly just in case they specified one of the weird ones

i did king and keating but i had to make heaps of stuff up coz i didnt know them in enough detail

Rahul

Dead Member
king, havel and kyi.

disagreed, each speech can be valued if linked to its context.:D

point1
link to context
point2
link to context
conclusion: understanding of context makes you realise that the speech is 'good' and can be appreciated thus.

:D

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
lincoln, king and havel =)
i disagreed with the statement, arguing that they had lasting appeal.

forsaken_99

I used Goldman and McAleese.

It seemed to me to really go in-depth with two took up 40 min. so i couldn't add a third. I also disagreed with the statement.

sneaker

I agreed that each text has its use-by date for Goldman and McAleese as they both value free-speech differently and if they were substituted for one another, then they would not be valued

sneaker

FORSAKEN 99: "I agreed that each text has its use-by date for Goldman and McAleese as they both value free-speech differently and if they were substituted for one another, then they would not be valued"

how did you agree with the statement with these speeches?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)