How many pages (1 Viewer)

The Engineer

HSC
4 and a bit for each essay. Hopefully my writing was small enough to bump up the word count. Thank god we never have to do english agen!

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Oh? you wrote 1000 words a page, MAYBE EVEN MORE?!?!
Well arent you fantasticly modest

do you write in size 1 times new roman do you?
He means that each essay was 1000 words or more, not each page.

HSC
Alright, I'm going to detail what I know and have heard about this topic:
1. The concept of quality vs. quantity is true to SOME extent - for instance, even if you write 20 pages on one module and it's all repeating what you just said, bombastic, and filled with stuff that's not related to the question, then of course it's not going to get a high mark. However, if you wrote 3 pages for example (sorry guys!) then despite how premium your writing may be, it obviously can't access the top band (a teacher once said he'd read this marvellous work worth 20/20 but the marker said it couldn't be given the top mark as it was too 'short'). Nontheless, they're no need to weep if you didn't write in excess amounts like some of the claims made on the board. Filling up 1 booklet, or coming close, with a good essay will probably give you a good mark, so there's no need to worry! (For the record, I did go over, but that's just me.)

The second point I want to make is that unless all these people have the blood of Shakespeare coursing through their verins, or have unusually large handwriting, probably had a pre-prepared response. I was say right now, that due to the restrictive nature of the question, there is NO WAY, a an essay that is hits the nail on the head can be 15 pages +. Taking two minutes away for plans and thinking, and four more for all the times you lifted your pen from the paper, that's 38 minutes maximum you had to write for each essay, so 15 pages? In the words of Michael Caton in "The Castle" - "Tell him he's dreaming." 10 pages alone is a phenomenal feat to achieve.

2. I agree that some people on the board are ruining the forums for all of us.

12/12/12
and i still had 20 minutes left
oh well, english is easy
Physics: 2/90
Information Processes Technology: 1/46 (2007)
ATAR AIM: 99.00
Final Estimate: 99.95
I'm going to kick your asses in HSC cos I rule. Got a problem? Deal with me in uni... if you get in.
Okay, you seem like a complete jerk here, and even when you criticise other people from writing 6 pages. Firstly, it's the best they could do, and second, if you had 20 minutes left you that means you spent 100 minutes on three essays - so that's about 33 minutes on each. Now deduct 6 minutes off for reading time and pen from paper time and that's 31 minutes on each. Okay, so you must have used a preprepared one, without thinking much - that was stupid, and second, if you had 20 minutes left, why the hell didn't you write more? Are you expecting me to believe that you sat there in the H.S.C exam twiddling your thumbs for 20 minutes? Read bewteen the lines man - that's total B\U\L\L\S\H\*\T.

And I agree about you so called "1st ranks" they are obviously fake. 76 do 4 unit english?! WOW, that must mean you have HEAPS of students doing EXT 1 and EVEN MORE doing Advanced! Accoridng to you, 76 do 4 unit and yet Chemistry only has 80 takers.....gees, for Chemistry ranking a sone of the most popular picked subject, it's beaten by 4U english?! Which only has 1/10 of the takers in 2007?!

Oh, and also, if you did your HSC last year, then there's a cap btw, so say bye to your 99.95 ATAR. :)

You might be a nice guy in real life, I dunno, but don't be such a complete jerk on these forums. As far as I know, you MAY indeed be smart, and as we all know there are two categories of smart people, those that KNIW they are and keep it to themselves - not parading it around to others... and those who THINK they are and have to constantly tell everyone. You don't wanna stay as the latter buddy, you're going to suck at life. No-one wants to be around someone's whose abrasive, certainly not an employer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)