How many bonus points can I get under EAS (1 Viewer)

vivillon

HSC
Original Poster:

Does anyone know how many bonus points I am able to receive as I qualify for EAS (under one section). I'm trying to apply for actuarial studies/commerce at UNSW, or actuarial studies/applied finance at MQ

Thanks!
I believe the cap for UNSW and USYD is 10 EAS points but it also depends on the popularity of the course. https://artofsmart.com.au/unsw/unsw-bonus-points/

vivillon

HSC
Original Poster:

Ah ok, do you know where I can find any info on how many points I am able to get, if I am eligible for one section?
I'm applying as well for year 12 and I don't think that they give you a specific amount or at least they disclose how many points they give to you. As it is EAS, it depends on the severity of your circumstances (which sucks since it's been a bad year for year 11s and 12s) so the unis dont tell you how many you recieved. From the UAC website:

"The allocation of EAS points does not guarantee entry to UNSW or to your preferred course - you must meet the Lowest Selection Rank for the course you are applying to. UAC will send you an Eligibility letter to advise of your eligibility for EAS consideration at all UAC participating institutions"

Check out HSC Plus, it's if you recieve B5 and 6's - https://www.futurestudents.unsw.edu.au/adjustment-factors-hsc-plus
Also check out HSC ACCESS, which is the EAS scheme just with a fancy name - https://www.unsw.edu.au/access-scheme
Alsoalso, check out UNSW Gateway Entry - https://www.futurestudents.unsw.edu.au/unsw-gateway - Not sure if they have actuarial studies/commerce but it's worth a try.
Alsoalsoalso, for MACQ, make sure to have good extracurriculars as that's what the leaders and achievers early entry program is based on.

I would say to not focus too much on EAS points or any bonus point schemes right now since you still have a year or so to improve your marks. Aim to do the best you can, don't try to calculate your needed atar + bonus points until end of year 12 because you're never sure how many you'll get with EAS. Just keep the mindset of getting your needed atar since it'll stop you from comprimising and lowering your motivation. Trust me, even if you didn't do great in term 1 (which I'm sure you did), just keep motivated and marks will improve!

specificagent1

HSC
I'm applying as well for year 12 and I don't think that they give you a specific amount or at least they disclose how many points they give to you. As it is EAS, it depends on the severity of your circumstances (which sucks since it's been a bad year for year 11s and 12s) so the unis dont tell you how many you recieved. From the UAC website:

"The allocation of EAS points does not guarantee entry to UNSW or to your preferred course - you must meet the Lowest Selection Rank for the course you are applying to. UAC will send you an Eligibility letter to advise of your eligibility for EAS consideration at all UAC participating institutions"

Check out HSC Plus, it's if you recieve B5 and 6's - https://www.futurestudents.unsw.edu.au/adjustment-factors-hsc-plus
Also check out HSC ACCESS, which is the EAS scheme just with a fancy name - https://www.unsw.edu.au/access-scheme
Alsoalso, check out UNSW Gateway Entry - https://www.futurestudents.unsw.edu.au/unsw-gateway - Not sure if they have actuarial studies/commerce but it's worth a try.
Alsoalsoalso, for MACQ, make sure to have good extracurriculars as that's what the leaders and achievers early entry program is based on.

I would say to not focus too much on EAS points or any bonus point schemes right now since you still have a year or so to improve your marks. Aim to do the best you can, don't try to calculate your needed atar + bonus points until end of year 12 because you're never sure how many you'll get with EAS. Just keep the mindset of getting your needed atar since it'll stop you from comprimising and lowering your motivation. Trust me, even if you didn't do great in term 1 (which I'm sure you did), just keep motivated and marks will improve!
yep, you dont get told how many EAS points you get. Also i agree, really good advise about just trying for the best ATAR you can get. On the note of other bonus points, because it is actuary studies, some of the other programs such as HSC Plus may exclude actuary.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
UAC cannot specify how many points will be added to your selection rank, although some institutions may publish details of their EAS-related adjustments on their respective websites.

How many points you can receive also depends on the institution. The above-mentioned example regarding UNSW states that if your circumstances reflect any of the types of disadvantage considered under ACCESS, you may receive up to 10 bonus points. You may not necessarily be able to receive up to 10 bonus points when considering other universities. Take WSU for example - you are required to demonstrate that your performance during years 11 or 12 (or equivalent) was seriously affected by circumstances beyond your control. If you qualify, you receive five bonus points, which is half of what UNSW may apply to your selection rank.

I hope this helps! 😄

specificagent1

HSC
UAC cannot specify how many points will be added to your selection rank, although some institutions may publish details of their EAS-related adjustments on their respective websites.

How many points you can receive also depends on the institution. The above-mentioned example regarding UNSW states that if your circumstances reflect any of the types of disadvantage considered under ACCESS, you may receive up to 10 bonus points. You may not necessarily be able to receive up to 10 bonus points when considering other universities. Take WSU for example - you are required to demonstrate that your performance during years 11 or 12 (or equivalent) was seriously affected by circumstances beyond your control. If you qualify, you receive five bonus points, which is half of what UNSW may apply to your selection rank.

I hope this helps! 😄
So on top of the maximum in which each university sets for EAS, the amount they end up giving you is based on your disadvantage, your course and the university you are applying to.

vivillon

HSC
yep, you dont get told how many EAS points you get. Also i agree, really good advise about just trying for the best ATAR you can get. On the note of other bonus points, because it is actuary studies, some of the other programs such as HSC Plus may exclude actuary.
For HSC Plus, Actuary Co-op (which is a scholarship) is excluded not actuary itself

Grinder

HSC
For a university let's say they give you x amount of bonus points for E4 in ext 1 or 2 maths, is it guaranteed that you will get those x number of points?

vivillon

HSC
For a university let's say they give you x amount of bonus points for E4 in ext 1 or 2 maths, is it guaranteed that you will get those x number of points?
For USYD and UNSW, if you recieve E4 you get bonus points automatically added. Usyd is 5 and UNSW is dependent on the course you choose. If you do Engineering or smthing, an E4 will give you 2 bonus points or so. Check out your course here https://iaro.online.unsw.edu.au/hsc/hsc.bonus_point But if you perform well, it is a guarantee that you will get adjustment points however not a guarantee of your course since it depends on how popular it is etc.

Grinder

HSC
So everyone will get 'them right, everyone who got an E4. So the guaranteed entry selection rank will change if a lot of people get E4 right?

vivillon

HSC
Original Poster:

Do you guys think the ATARs for courses will increase next year, considering how international students will be able to come, and that restrictions have been lifted
Probably not tbh since Year 11s were effected as well especially since lockdown may happen again. They may be brought back up the year after? Just a guess though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)