How long until courses be back on campus (1 Viewer)

_rakelt

HSC
Hey all, this post is straight-forward. When do you think UTS will make it back to normal/ delivering education on campus?

As far as I'm aware, UTS will remain online next semester, unless if the subject requires "special facilities".
However, seeing that first-year subjects have like around 500 kids per lecture (and like 1000 altogether), its probably still online right?

NGL, I'm liking it online now for personal reasons. What are your thoughts?

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
I'm not in University, but don't quote me on this. Apparently it won't open soon because the Government regulations suggest that gatherings of 500 or more (confined place) (even in an educational setting) (excluding schools coz, kids are mostly in 30 people classrooms) in one space at a time isn't part of the 3-stage 3-month lifting of the lockdowns that were presented through COVID-19. If 500 people are in one hall, then that is bad and illegal by now... until further notice (no eta, unfortunately).

Can you still rock up to UTS though? Is it like a Ghost-Town?

Online is actually better, In terms of your perspective since you guys are more disciplined and self-motivated knowing that a massive weight (HSC) has been taken off your shoulders.

Last edited:

_rakelt

HSC
I'm not in University, but don't quote me on this. Apparently it won't open soon because the Government regulations suggest that gatherings of 500 or more (confined place) (even in an educational setting) (excluding schools coz, kids are mostly in 30 people classrooms) in one space at a time isn't part of the 3-stage 3-month lifting of the lockdowns that were presented through COVID-19. If 500 people are in one hall, then that is bad and illegal by now... until further notice (no eta, unfortunately).

Can you still rock up to UTS though? Is it like a Ghost-Town?

Online is actually better, In terms of your perspective since you guys are more disciplined and self-motivated knowing that a massive weight (HSC) has been taken off your shoulders.
Yeah, you can only access UTS with a student ID, and only if you need to use the facilities (e.g. printing, library). Hoping it'll be like this till next year lolol

chw

HSC
N/A
UTS is open to anyone with a valid student card, some buildings are locked down though (eg B5, B10). Spring 2020 - no lectures or tutorials, but there may be some labs open since you need to do SOME labwork in some subjects (eg engineering, chemistry etc). But social distance rules apply, so the quota is really low and classes will be spread more throughout the week. (but GREAT staff/student ratio!!).

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Hey all, this post is straight-forward. When do you think UTS will make it back to normal/ delivering education on campus?

As far as I'm aware, UTS will remain online next semester, unless if the subject requires "special facilities".
However, seeing that first-year subjects have like around 500 kids per lecture (and like 1000 altogether), its probably still online right?

NGL, I'm liking it online now for personal reasons. What are your thoughts?
Honestly hope next sem is online too, it's kinda chill tbh and being an introvert makes it even better LOL

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
Damn you guys are so disciplined, I would probs be on games the entire time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)