How long does it take to learn prelim syllabus for chemistry and physics? (1 Viewer)

Vdog

HSC
Urgent! So year 11's over, and I haven't really been paying attention in classes for chemistry and physics the whole year because of personal problems outside of school. Is it possible to learn everything in the prelim course for both subjects in a short amount of time (a month or so)? Or is it too late to make a comeback for a 99 ATAR? Y12 starts in a couple weeks and I'm really conflicted about whether I should just give up and accept that my ATAR is doomed.

dasfas

HSC
You can learn all the key points (not all of phys/chem prelim is relevant for the HSC) in a month or so if you're very studious/have a good tutor.

However, you need to figure out how to not fall behind because you won't be able to do well if you let yourself go for those subjects in y12.

andrew12678

HSC
The main point of prelim is that it sets you up for the HSC in terms of preparing you for assessments and assignment workloads. Whilst I do receall some phys/chem prelim concepts being assumed in the HSC year I think it mainly was either retaught/refreshed (since people like me forget it right after the prelim exam :cool:) or should be easy to catch up with some practice. Never give up as long as you put the work in your goals will always be possible :)

username_2

HSC
Urgent! So year 11's over, and I haven't really been paying attention in classes for chemistry and physics the whole year because of personal problems outside of school. Is it possible to learn everything in the prelim course for both subjects in a short amount of time (a month or so)? Or is it too late to make a comeback for a 99 ATAR? Y12 starts in a couple weeks and I'm really conflicted about whether I should just give up and accept that my ATAR is doomed.
Bro, you can do this. I was sleeping in yr 11 chem - if you're able to pass your prelims, then you can definitely do this.

Chemistry is really hectic but the most important thing is really getting down the concepts of moles and the entirety of last chapters. Quintissential these two - general material properties, vsper theory and bonding are good knowledge to have. In physics try to really and fully understand module 1 and 2 first. It is the basis of everything - and do lots of questions, especially for physics. Even textbook questions are fine. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)