How hard is it to get an ATAR of 65? (1 Viewer)

Federz

HSC
Hey everyone, just curious, seeming as I am doing all low scaling subjects and perform average in them (Subjects being; General Maths, Biology, Standard English, Legal Studies, PDHPE and Modern History) how difficult is it to get an ATAR of 65 or just above? I heard that doing average in low scaling subjects, mine in this instance, will get you something like an ATAR in the 50's (Hope not) and that I should be aiming for low to mid 80s just to get an ATAR of 65.

shannan94

HSC
That is totally false, you could easily achieve an atar of 65+

Last edited:

RishBonjour

HSC
lol. getting 70s in your sub will easily give you 65+ atar

shannan94

HSC
There are so many things to take into account such as moderation of your marks, your performance in the external exam, others performance in the subject which in turn may mean your final mark is actually a lot higher than what it seems it is going to be at this point.

atar90plus

01000101=YES! YES! YES!
HSC
Just put lots of effort and it will be alright

enoilgam

HSC
Hey everyone, just curious, seeming as I am doing all low scaling subjects and perform average in them (Subjects being; General Maths, Biology, Standard English, Legal Studies, PDHPE and Modern History) how difficult is it to get an ATAR of 65 or just above? I heard that doing average in low scaling subjects, mine in this instance, will get you something like an ATAR in the 50's (Hope not) and that I should be aiming for low to mid 80s just to get an ATAR of 65.
You could get almost any ATAR with those subjects. For the average person, getting 65 shouldnt be too difficult - as long as you have a half decent knowledge of the content you should be more than fine.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Average ATAR is 70-odd.

Are you above average? Then yes, you should get above 70.

Federz

HSC
To be accurate and helpful, For PDHPE high 70s, Legal high 70s, History low 80s, Biology low 60s, Standard English high 60s and General maths high 50s....lol
- So they are what I am sitting around but I'm just finishing my trials so I'll find out how I went and what my assessment marks gonna change to but I'd say my trials will be consistent with my assessment marks....so do you reckon if I kept up this consistancy at a minimum including the results for my HSC Exam that I'd get 65 ATAR, well an accurate or experienced judgement....
And thanks for all your replies everyone, much appreciated, your all legends :awesome:

enoilgam

HSC

SunnyScience

HSC
I think that applies to WA (unless I read things wrong). Also, I would question the accuracy of this document, because it indicates that roughly 85 students got 99.95, when the number is usually closer to 50 (again, I may have read it wrong).
Actually, now that I look at it - it is a bit off. It says only 15 people got 99.95.

I withdraw my original statement. Sorry, Barbernator.

Edit: Actually, It's way off - it says only ~13000 students for the total.

dvvt._.tievv

HSC
You're atar is your rank so, it's hard to tell. Doing better than 65% of students is not too difficult, if you take into accounts the students that are doing the hsc solely for the certificate

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)