How hard do you think they will mark the 7 marker on the implications of Biology? (1 Viewer)

kappy

HSC
I didn't have time to write about the whole syllabus, I mainly talked about medicine/ transgenic species :s

smartalec

HSC
I reckon a lot of people will lose marks for being concise (like me -.-) I kept repeating myself.
I talked about beadle and tatum's experiment with mutation, linking that to the scientisits discovery use of this to create the antibiotic as well as stuff on enzymes and their chemical composition and how that can be altered, to denature it and therefore kill certain bacteria.
then I blabbed on a lot how antibiotics has made heaps of positive implications on society, increasing their productivity in life, less reliance on society, increased lfie expectance bs bs bs.

overall i don't know how I went but it was definetly HEAPS easier than last year. Last year's 7 marker was very difficult.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I found last year's 7 marker easier. :/

SpreadTheWord

HSC
I had this strange approach like you have with an essay with English. I felt that i had to produce a stunning piece of writing in which the markers would mark me on quality.

I think i managed to get 4/5 points, but i also felt i repeating.

-Jonny

HSC
I asked for a booklet for planning. I took 10 minutes to plan it, let alone write it. I should get seven- I adopted points from each core topic, and discussed the impacts and stuff, it worked nicely.

1981Grant

HSC
I didn't have time to write about the whole syllabus, I mainly talked about medicine/ transgenic species :s
Tbh if your arguement/essay was solid and you related it back to the implications for society bit of the question you will probably get a 6/7. I know that between our three bio classes our responses could have given you an informed understanding of the whole syllabus the scope was that large.

Kazr

HSC
OMG like the hell was with the test paper.....this year was really wordy....very little explanation and the pedigrees, diagrams etc were only in multiple choice :S!! Did anyone who did Genetics the code broken thinks the questions were very vague.....so like how would you know you did well if they were all wordy :L

Some Vunt

Banned
HSC
This question was very open-ended and hence difficult to know what the markers were looking for and to answer.

JordanG3000

HSC
it was pretty much: insert syllabus here

I dont think you have to relate each topic, i focused on search for better health, since thats what the stimulus was.

Some Vunt

Banned
HSC
it was pretty much: insert syllabus here

I dont think you have to relate each topic, i focused on search for better health, since thats what the stimulus was.
Stimulus was actually SFBH and BOL, just like the CSSA trial, but their question was a lot more specified.

smartalec

HSC
Stimulus was actually SFBH and BOL, just like the CSSA trial, but their question was a lot more specified.
i mainly blabbed on about enzymes and beadle and tatum's experiment. and just the fact that antibiotics are awesome.

darkccc

HSC
N/A
Well I related to the entire syllabus pretty much:
I talked about enzymes, antibiotics, mutations, polypeptide synthesis, antibiotic resistance and the need to find new antibiotics and alot of barely related stuff. I had no idea what exactly BOS wanted and wrote anything I could think of...

kappy

HSC
A week on, I cannot forget how badly I failed this exam, along with all the others :(

xkristinex

HSC
N/A
I didnt even mention the syllabus. But simply valid points about the implications in a vast array of areas. Does that mean even if i talked about the implications, i wont get marks because it wasnt from the syllabus? :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)