how easy was hospo (1 Viewer)

LHRH

HSC
i was freaking out cause i hardly studied but when i got in there it was the easiest hospo test i have ever done. The long answer were the best EVER!!!
How does everyone think they went?

mattyh.180sx

HSC
yea i recon it was orite, first 2 sections were good. tha last 2 questions were stupid tho, i didn't really get it, tha technology bit, wat did every1 wrote 4 dat? and tha last question bout commercial cookery hmm dat was weird i didn't really study 4 methods of cookery soo yerr.

LHRH

HSC
we had the commerical cookery one in past test so it was ok. I did boiling and shallow frying. Wasnt too sure about the effect of the quality of nutrients though i just kinda bullshitted that bit

connected

HSC
i thought it was pretty damn easy! the question on the impact of technology was good.. mostly talked about the internet and computers and their benefits as well disadvantages in the workplace blahblahblah

commercial cooking was okay.. i talked about boiling and deep frying and made up a lot of crap how when foods are exposed to high enough temperatures, the fibres in them expand causing nutrients to be expelled etc. and in boiling an egg, the interaction between hot water and the raw egg will cause the egg to coagulate and thus become edible. i think that was a load of shit haha but it sounded believable to me. :D

samtastic

HSC
That exam rocked. Quite easy, especially the essays.. It was pretty easy to talk about the impacts of technology, I just talked about it being faster and more efficient to communicate and record information and stuff. I didn't like that question on the interrelationships between sectors though, that was a bit annoying.

Ennaoj

HSC
haha i LOVED it! :D i was a bit concerned because i haven't had a chance to study for it with some stuff that's been going on, but it was SO easy. I'm glad...

4 Down... 4 to go

Abbalious1

HSC
yer, im the same, i didnt have much time for study and when i got in the exam, it was so easy, and it was very relaxing.

4 down 1 to go and that tomorrow (yuk)

becci13

HSC
i thought it was soooooo easy!!!!!! Easier than all the tests i've every done in hospo!!!!!! i did commercial cookery and the two methods i chose were deep frying and poaching. it was great because i didn't study much i really couldn't be bothered but the parts i did look over were all in the test!!!!! that was lucky!!!! HEHE!!!!

3 down....3 to go!!!!

anon_88

HSC
for the technology question i talked about
*internet technologies
*communication technologies
*image technologies
*food technologies
*security technologies

I have never seen a question like that before or accessing the impact of technology, it had always been legislation or stuff within the working environment like methods of communication

I found the commercial cookery question quite stock standard but most of my preparation for that question had been related to HACCP precedures so I kind of had to delve into deep memories...and made up some stuff about the problems of deep frying! haha and I also did steaming for that question to contrast heaps the nutritional values

The short answers...during reading time I was hmm theyre all the tougher subjects! But once i started writing it was all right, Im hoping I included enough details and workplace examples

Multiple choice is usually my worst part but i took longer than usual and read them all really well so hopefully no major slip ups :)

In the end...I think my downfall will probably be in the technology question or not having enough detail/jargon in the CC one....but im hoping quantity makes up for it a little haha

For me, I considered this a harder exam than my trial, the catholic trial and past HSC's...but that may just be because ive been over them so many times :S

Hope you all went well :)

mt87

(((matty)))
HSC
yea the hospo exam was easy n striaght forward..
if the last two question i just bullshits
anywaz i do commeal cookery didnt study that bit much just wrote down watever it come in my mind...

nicole1223456

HSC
loved hosp exam. only one that really got me thinking was how technology helps to maintain profesionalism or something like that. i could answer the rest of that question but for that part i was like wtf? but overall i really liked it. commercial cookery was the best id ever seen. i did boiling and baking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)