How does Private Tutoring Work? (1 Viewer)

moonsuyoung

HSC
Hi!
I was wondering how private tutoring works? Like do they go over to your house or go over to somewhere and how do private tutors structure their lessons and their materials? I'm just curious!

moonsuyoung

HSC
location: i've seen a mix of your house, theirs or a library?
structuring: no experience but from what ive seen it can be a test, theory, guided and unguided practice
materials: can be a textbook, question booklets (custom or from somewhere else)
Thanks!!!

nathanzhou1234

HSC
Hi!
I was wondering how private tutoring works? Like do they go over to your house or go over to somewhere and how do private tutors structure their lessons and their materials? I'm just curious!
Personally, when I tutor, I make a few questions / notes to discuss with students and set extra questions after class and mark them. Not too sure what other tutors do but some of my friends just mark and discuss past papers only.

moonsuyoung

HSC
Personally, when I tutor, I make a few questions / notes to discuss with students and set extra questions after class and mark them. Not too sure what other tutors do but some of my friends just mark and discuss past papers only.
Thank you!! Do you know how private tutors tutor for english?

nathanzhou1234

HSC
Thank you!! Do you know how private tutors tutor for english?
Not too sure since I don’t do English personally, but one of my friends does. I don’t think she’s looked at individual texts yet but I think its just general english skills like essay writing and stuff.

moonsuyoung

HSC
Not too sure since I don’t do English personally, but one of my friends does. I don’t think she’s looked at individual texts yet but I think its just general english skills like essay writing and stuff.
Thanks mate, appreciate it :D

chaevely_park

HSC
Hi!
Hi!

When I was receiving private tutoring, I did it online. I'm also someone who is organised and has a clear understanding of my own strengths and weaknesses, and so I was the one who mostly asked to complete certain tasks with my tutor, e.g. mark a certain essay, explain ___, analyse ___.

As an online private tutor, I personally try to be really flexible - I'm down for my students to be like me and self-lead their lessons, or for me to create academic plans with them.

I get my materials from my own extensive notes, high achieving friends and my amazing teachers :) Good materials are something you really want to gain access to - from my own experience, learning English Adv was SO much easier when my teachers and tutor provided analysis notes and exemplar essays.

moonsuyoung

HSC
Hi!

When I was receiving private tutoring, I did it online. I'm also someone who is organised and has a clear understanding of my own strengths and weaknesses, and so I was the one who mostly asked to complete certain tasks with my tutor, e.g. mark a certain essay, explain ___, analyse ___.

As an online private tutor, I personally try to be really flexible - I'm down for my students to be like me and self-lead their lessons, or for me to create academic plans with them.

I get my materials from my own extensive notes, high achieving friends and my amazing teachers :) Good materials are something you really want to gain access to - from my own experience, learning English Adv was SO much easier when my teachers and tutor provided analysis notes and exemplar essays.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!! THIS HELPED A LOT :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)