How do people get invited to parties? (1 Viewer)

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
I've never been to a party. Most of my friends are very studious and wouldn't really think of partying. My other friends who do that kind of stuff don't invite me to anything, so that's a non-starter. Hence, I haven't ever gotten involved in one.

If I did want to go to a party, how would I get invited? (I know BOS isn't the best place to ask but I'll try) I probably wouldn't want to go to many. Maybe just one or two just to see what they're like.

aulinia

HSC
I've never been to a party. Most of my friends are very studious and wouldn't really think of partying. My other friends who do that kind of stuff don't invite me to anything, so that's a non-starter. Hence, I haven't ever gotten involved in one.

If I did want to go to a party, how would I get invited? (I know BOS isn't the best place to ask but I'll try) I probably wouldn't want to go to many. Maybe just one or two just to see what they're like.
Branch out and meet other friends, especially who r extroverted and they might invite u to parties, but also sometimes people throw public parties and send the invites out online 😭 thats what happens to me, but i reckon in year 12 there will be a lot of 18ths, end of school parties that your mates will throw

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC

be friends with people that host parties

MJRey

HSC
The only parties I went to were for my close friend's birthdays and that's about it. I've never actually been to a party for the sake of partying because the people who used to host them at my school were real douchebags that were big on drug abuse, vaping and all sorts of inappropriate antics. I didn't want to drag myself down to their level, so I never went to those parties. Not saying that all people who host parties for the sake of it are like this, but please be careful who you affiliate yourself with. Stay safe when branching out to meet new people and when going to any parties for the sake of it.

Anaya R

HSC
Yeah I'd second @MJRey and what they've said.
Especially when you go to your older years where there's alcohol and stuff - make sure that you know your limit and don't get too drunk. It's not fun to have a hangover at all.

I'd suggest rather than party, have smaller gatherings with friends. Even if it's with your studious friends, maybe a study party where you do some work and then chill afterwards.

If you do really want to party, go to one with a trusted friend. Last thing you want is to feel left out or bored as because you don't know anyone. Even that friend could be a starting point for a convo with other ppl.
TBH, it's better to leave the partying to the holidays where you have more leeway with time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)