How did you go? (1 Viewer)

hairej1

HSC
gen.shottaffeta said:
i said goal setting and mentioned long and short term goals, and to put them somewhere that they'd see often to keep up the motivation.
then the rest of was like progrssive muscular relaxation, mental rehearsal, all that.
but i realised after that i didnt really link it to the sport. were we meant to?

the 12 marker in improving performance sucked :(
i talked alot about principles of training and linked them specifically to speed/power.

oh well, nothing we can do now!
ohh shit.. yea i didnt really link it to the sport.. just named a sport ie. anxiety when taking a free throw in basketball and went into explaining it all.. hopefully thats alright.. probs get marked down a bit though thinking back..
oh well...

hairej1

HSC
erica693 said:
Yeh i had them two options too.
i thought they were pretty good actually!! i know i wont get full marks for the 5mk question on anabolic steroids and human growth hormonse because i kinda didn't study that. but both the 12mk q's i thought were pretty easy!! wrote about 4 pgs for sports med and 2pgs for IP 12mk q's.
for power and speed i used the syllabus terms such as training the anaerobic systems, power and speed development by recruiting fast twitch fibres resulting in hypertrophy, and plyometrics.. hopefully it should be all good! hoping for late band 5 hopefully band 6!
Oh and multiple choice was the best! woo hoping for atleast 18 out of 20 since i know i got the last question wrong. i put stroke volume of untrained when its cardiac output of the untrained. ahwells

yay it was of the untrained.. woo! i based my decision on the fact the athlete probs reached a threshold and thats why there was no maximal reading..
i thought the exam was sooo good.. but im do devoed coz my internal rank was shitty based on assignments grrr. in my trial i got the 4th top mark.. but didnt bump me up that much. i hope it doesnt screw me up for getting a band 6.. i REALLY want one.. i thought i did well in that exam :(
and the option q's were good too.. i used 2 booklets for sports med.. and about 7pgs for improving performance.. doesnt reflect how good the answer was tho..
yea i was going into all the stuff we hard been taught in factors affecting performance in the improving performance qn on power/speed.. hope thats ok and wat we were allowed 2 do..
neways GOODLUCK!!!

hairej1

HSC
alisonlovesit said:
I agree with the health of young people being a bitch (the policy question).

PDHPE is my best subject and I didn't like it especially compared to last years which anyone could have done.. It was soo easy! The two cores were easy and Sport Medicine was fine. But I hated the health of young people policy qu estion, we didnt look at it in class so I was just like :|

and I also didnt like benign tumour one.. I had never heard of it :S
& how fat is stored in the body.. I didnt know it was that weird one.
So good times..

Overall it was a pretty good exam I just really did not like health of young people.. Hopefully everyone is in the same boat and I'm not alone =)

Xx
yea i agree those were the mc that stumped me.. benign tumour is non-cancerous//
i didnt twig whether that meant normal cell growth or that it doesnt spread .. i said that it didnt spread.. thats probably wrong..
and the fat one.. i just guessed cholesterol.. we hadnt really gone into much depth on that in class..
oh well

snubbed

HSC
I didnt think the power and speed question has too hard, but maybe because im into sport and like things like that... dont know.

heres what i wrote,( that i can remember); specificity, progressive overload, different types of training for power production (i.e. plymetric and weight training), gave a definition of plyometrics, explained starting and explosive strength, briefly exaplined types of mucle contraction useful for power, discus which muscle fibres should be recruited, give a little example using FITT (i.e. typical, exercises sets rest, etc.), the equation Power =ForcexDistance / Time... heaps of stuff to write about. my writings pretty big but i wrote a solid 5-6 pages on that...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)