How did you go? (1 Viewer)

jkwii

Ultimate Member
HSC
hell yeah just went thru em. thats all you do mate.

emmmy

HSC
shais said:
easy as , except i screwd up my improving performance question (last 2) ..
thats what i totally screwed up.
couldnt remeber anything for it :/
grr

Else Vondor

HSC
yeh, I thought the exam was pretty ok. I thought it would be worse.
Who else had:

Improving performance
sports medicine

as their options?

What did you guys think of them. I thought they were ok, but I think I was a bit vague answering! With power and speed, what was with that? hah... its over!!

Else Vondor

HSC
JimmyJimJim said:
Here's a question, on that last one (I think) in the core booklet, did you guys write about motivation dash points and managing anxiety dash points?
Are, I mixed them I think... just rattled about anxiety managing techniques like visulisation, possitive self talk mental rehersal etc....
Motivation... I wasnt sure what to put! How about you....

Else Vondor

HSC
sportylake said:
yeh i strugdled with that a bit to. think ill only be looking at 7-8 outa 12 for that which is very disappointing.

Does anybody know what the scaling/alignment of raw marks is like for PDH?

what would:

70% raw = aligned?

80% raw = aligned?

Yeh same :-( what did you guys talk about? I think I was rattling hopelessly...

chrisbos2007

HSC
Else Vondor said:
yeh, I thought the exam was pretty ok. I thought it would be worse.
Who else had:

Improving performance
sports medicine

as their options?

What did you guys think of them. I thought they were ok, but I think I was a bit vague answering! With power and speed, what was with that? hah... its over!!
I had them options, overall i think they were pretty good and fair! If you studied your two options - I guess they did require some lateral thinking (i just wrote up some plans before i started my answers).

The power and speed one was decent - wrote 6/7 pages or so just talking about how its evident in numerous sports its benefit in some sports over maximal strength, elaborated in depth on plyometrics, talked bout the stuff like speed peaking at age 20 - declining at age 28 approximately - the three main points that need to be considered like power of limbs, efficient technique and speed of the limbs.

I also included resistance training just drew up a little table of what could possibly be followed for optimal gains etc. I even had time to just mention how flexibility can contribute etc just by increasing bio-mechanical efficiency, reduce chance of injury and so on! What did you end up putting?

chrisbos2007

HSC
sportylake said:
yeh i strugdled with that a bit to. think ill only be looking at 7-8 outa 12 for that which is very disappointing.

Does anybody know what the scaling/alignment of raw marks is like for PDH?

what would:

70% raw = aligned?

80% raw = aligned?
It changes every year and is dependent upon the cohort - how everyone performed in the test. :D

HSC
Else Vondor said:
Are, I mixed them I think... just rattled about anxiety managing techniques like visulisation, possitive self talk mental rehersal etc....
Motivation... I wasnt sure what to put! How about you....
i said goal setting and mentioned long and short term goals, and to put them somewhere that they'd see often to keep up the motivation.
then the rest of was like progrssive muscular relaxation, mental rehearsal, all that.
but i realised after that i didnt really link it to the sport. were we meant to?

the 12 marker in improving performance sucked :(
i talked alot about principles of training and linked them specifically to speed/power.

oh well, nothing we can do now!

chrisbos2007

HSC
gen.shottaffeta said:
i said goal setting and mentioned long and short term goals, and to put them somewhere that they'd see often to keep up the motivation.
then the rest of was like progrssive muscular relaxation, mental rehearsal, all that.
but i realised after that i didnt really link it to the sport. were we meant to?

i talked alot about principles of training and linked them specifically to speed/power.

No, i think it should be ok was very brief an athlete in the "sport of your choosing" so I doubt they wanted us to be too specific about that aspect!
I did include abit just talked about a track athlete and stuff once or twice..

Else Vondor

HSC
gen.shottaffeta said:

sounds like you did well! Yeh, I didnt link it too a sport iether... ooooops!

Else Vondor

HSC
chrisbos2007 said:
I had them options, overall i think they were pretty good and fair! If you studied your two options - I guess they did require some lateral thinking (i just wrote up some plans before i started my answers).

The power and speed one was decent - wrote 6/7 pages or so just talking about how its evident in numerous sports its benefit in some sports over maximal strength, elaborated in depth on plyometrics, talked bout the stuff like speed peaking at age 20 - declining at age 28 approximately - the three main points that need to be considered like power of limbs, efficient technique and speed of the limbs.

I also included resistance training just drew up a little table of what could possibly be followed for optimal gains etc. I even had time to just mention how flexibility can contribute etc just by increasing bio-mechanical efficiency, reduce chance of injury and so on! What did you end up putting?
Yeh, I talked about plyometrics mainly and overloading the energy systems, as well as a bit of streagnth training. Sounds like you did really well. Im not sure ow I'll go... at least got a few relevant points down though! :)

chrisbos2007

HSC
Else Vondor said:
Yeh, I talked about plyometrics mainly and overloading the energy systems, as well as a bit of streagnth training. Sounds like you did really well. Im not sure ow I'll go... at least got a few relevant points down though! :)
same too you, we shall c when we get our results back!

tc enjoy the break until uni (if thats what your aiming for)!

emmmy

HSC
nick3157 said:
the 12 mark question in improving performance sucked.
i totally agree i was so fuc**d for improving performance.
smashed sports med thou ;D

erica693

HSC
chrisbos2007 said:

Yeh i had them two options too.
i thought they were pretty good actually!! i know i wont get full marks for the 5mk question on anabolic steroids and human growth hormonse because i kinda didn't study that. but both the 12mk q's i thought were pretty easy!! wrote about 4 pgs for sports med and 2pgs for IP 12mk q's.
for power and speed i used the syllabus terms such as training the anaerobic systems, power and speed development by recruiting fast twitch fibres resulting in hypertrophy, and plyometrics.. hopefully it should be all good! hoping for late band 5 hopefully band 6!
Oh and multiple choice was the best! woo hoping for atleast 18 out of 20 since i know i got the last question wrong. i put stroke volume of untrained when its cardiac output of the untrained. ahwells

Last edited:

alisonlovesit

HSC
I agree with the health of young people being a bitch (the policy question).

PDHPE is my best subject and I didn't like it especially compared to last years which anyone could have done.. It was soo easy! The two cores were easy and Sport Medicine was fine. But I hated the health of young people policy qu estion, we didnt look at it in class so I was just like :|

and I also didnt like benign tumour one.. I had never heard of it :S
& how fat is stored in the body.. I didnt know it was that weird one.
So good times..

Overall it was a pretty good exam I just really did not like health of young people.. Hopefully everyone is in the same boat and I'm not alone =)

Xx

kirst21k

HSC
i made some stupid mistakes in multiple choice by not reading the question, so i think i got 17/20

i thought health priorities and factor's were pretty alright
the ones im probably a bit worried about was the 12 mark q's in sports med & improving performance

but i thought it was a better exam compared to previous years

menofstudy

Retiring Member
HSC
savio23q said:
I did say have a fair idea of the ALL of them. Besides, I only studied about diabetes, not injuries. I managed to talk about road accidents and suicides for injuries. Also, if you knew how priority areas were identified (social justice principles, prevalence of the condition, priority population groups, cost to community and individual and potential for change) then you shouldn't have had a big problem with it. It didn't need to you talk about the nature or trends or anything like. The space was pretty limited too so you really couldnt have talked about the nature..
Haha, don't worry I didn't hang on to every word you said. From the part in bold I highlighted just shows how much my mind wasn't in the test. Studied it but didn't mention those AT ALL. Fuck, I wanted a good PDHPE result.

hairej1

HSC
Instinct77 said:
thats very lucky, i studied mostly everything and still didn't feel that great about it but at the end of reading time i was smiling, thought it was good!

so glad jakarta decleration wasn't in the exam, or i would of failed that question.
omg i know! same here.. but i srsly thought there would b a question on it.. so i took some time out to tryyy and learn it.. but neways its best there wasnt one

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)