How did you find the EE1 HSC Paper? (1 Viewer)

ishq

brown?
HSC
GemLeM said:
Okay - so does everyone think it was a seaplane?
I know my friend thought it was a car, and in my story I wrote it as a house, but I did take a good look after and I got the impression it was a plane.

And where do you think the girl was? Was it a beach or some industrialized waste land? =S
I had no fucking idea! First I thought it was a plane, then a car...the background was the sea? or was it some sort of wasteland, like you said...? I spent the entire reading time trying to figure it out....

I think it was meant to ambigious..

I'm not very bright, so I took the easy way out.

I used it metaphorically. :D:D

jaihson

HSC
bazman88 said:
WHat a crock of shit!! There is no physical way you can write 44 pages in 2hours (with a nosebleed), unless you do 2 words to a line, or miss every second line. The only logical way that i can think of is if your creative writing was an acrostic poem, and your essay missed lines between 4 line paragraphs. If putting this down has helped you boost your ego and has made you feel smart and hopefully reassures you about how you went - good for you.

But did it occur to you that you are supposed to be able to be SUCCINCT, and develop ideas, not just state a million facts or waffle on for ages. Jazzi_Jess... maybe you should also think about the markers... do you really think that your 3 booklet essay will sustain their interest?? But, there is no real way to predict an english essay outcome, it really just depends on the markers.

If you look at the high range sample answers, there is none above about 12/13 pages. ANd you are the only person i have ever heard that gets off on having a nose bleed in an exam.

As for me, it was exactly as anticipated......

Good luck, I hope you went well ??

have a look at the 21 page 2002 exemplar buddy.....

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
jaihson said:
have a look at the 21 page 2002 exemplar buddy.....
Talking about pages is so arbitrary though, because there are so many variables that affect the size of responses - how much you've crossed out, the complexity of the words you use (some use some big ones to convey what others write with many small ones), how many texts you talk about, number of words per line (personally mine WILDLY fluctuates...I might write 6 words on one line and 10 on another), etc. I think the best indicator is simply whether you mentioned everything you could've possibly thought of. I know I did.

buffster2002

umm sorry but its NOT a crock of sh!t. I wrote more than that (4 and a half booklets for the essay, 3 for the creative writing).

I do have messy and sorta big writing (but not so big that its like 2 words per line), but yeah, dont underestimate the power of extreme stress and pressure, 2 can's of V skulled right before i went in chased down with chocolate, and sheer desperation.

pirotess4

HSC
N/A
I found the exam EXCELLENT!! I was expecting SO much harder....the essay was moderate but i found the story easy to write about, i made that thing in the background to be a plane with exploding planes behind it in a wasted desert that chick escaped to....

Everyone in my class had someone who died in that thing whether it was a plane or a boat or whatever - including me!!

It's over people WOO!! :)

C

Crazy Pomo

Pages Schmages

c_james said:
Talking about pages is so arbitrary though, because there are so many variables that affect the size of responses - how much you've crossed out, the complexity of the words you use (some use some big ones to convey what others write with many small ones), how many texts you talk about, number of words per line (personally mine WILDLY fluctuates...I might write 6 words on one line and 10 on another), etc. I think the best indicator is simply whether you mentioned everything you could've possibly thought of. I know I did.
Absolutely. Wise words. I'm sure there are various ways you can get full marks, or an e4. One way would be stating EVERYTHING and doing really long verbose essays and lots of texts, (and doing them well), but I'm sure if you are succinct in your ideas and have good synthesis and are laconic then there is no way you can't get awesome marks. Also, if you quote more, (and show you know what the philosopher is talking about, or what the composer is talking about) then you don't have to spend 5 pages talking about it in wide terms when an example of a WAY OF THINKING is right there in front of the marker. Then you just have to show a little of how it aids your argument or evaluation.

Those books are deceiving, but I have liked them, you can write as much or as little as you want. They lines are kinda large but thats ok. I know kids in my drama class write twice as much as I do for theory, but because they are idiots (with loopy writing) they score half as much. If they write twice as much and it's half as good as mine, does that make me four times better.

GemLeM

Rhubarb
HSC
ishq said:
I think it was meant to ambigious..

I'm not very bright, so I took the easy way out.

I used it metaphorically. :D:D
Ambiguous is always good - it is the basis of English. Without ambiguity English would not be what it is.

And I think metaphorically was a very smart move indeed.
Good work :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)