How did you find the EE1 HSC Paper? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Hello my darlings!

I know a lot of you have worked your butts off with the glorious thing known as EE1. We all know it requires much more than just reading texts and memorising quotes. But guess what - IT'S OVER! :D Give yourselves a big pat on the back.

So, how did you find the paper?

Xenocide

HSC
Some extremely generic questions that were extremely well suited to preprepared responses, both the creative and the essay. Whether thats good or bad depends on whether you knew your stuff or not I guess...

enigma~

HSC
Argh. My creative was so stupid- the detective gave up :eek: I didn't mind the cf question though, i think it was challenging and i think it will help seperate the candidature. The exam was just over so fast...i still can't believe it...

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
Haha, my creative was so woeful. I got into this writing style that I absolutely hated. I was so angry with what I was writing as I was writing it, but it was too late to change. My story was about sweet fuck all.

Overall, I'm glad Extension English is a 1 unit subject.

I hated I&S. argh!

taxman

make poverty
HSC
I found the questions really easy to address and destroy. As long as you were prepared, you were so incredibly fine with it. I was half prepared and I think I went well, but I'm a little disappointed because I was a little off today. When I prepare I just write down the points I want to talk about and a few quotes and memorise them...I then rely on natural flair for structuring my sentences and writing all the other connecting bits...unfortunately, I struggled a little today as it all seemed to be a bit of a mess. A lot of and 'hence, and therefore as a result of in relation to so as to do this' which on re-reading sounded a bit lame and confusing.

My creative piece I think went really well though. I wasn't really prepared for that, but I had an idea of what I wanted to write about. It ended up pretty good, pretty deep with a comment on the state government and stuff...but I messed up a little with the ending. It was sort of like "Oh, it was you all along!" BANG! Detective is killed.

I wrote 10 pages for creative and 11 pages for the essay. How did everyone else go?

Revolution

HSC
I wrote 7.5 for creative and 16 for essay (I did the essay first). I thought the questions were fairly straightforward, and I had plenty of time at the end (5 minutes) to tidy up the answers.

enigma~

HSC
I wrote about 10 for creative (i had 2 extras from my original idea but gave up on that) and about 17 for the essay i think.

Xenocide

HSC
18 for the essay, 12 for the creative, but I had preprepared answers for questions almost exactly the same as those we were given and so they only needed some reworking.

jazzi_jess

20 days to go!
HSC
I wrote 23pages for essay and 21 for creative, but I had a nose-bleed half way through the exam which was fun, and exciting.

i am sooooo glad that subject is over :) Only 1 exam left for me yay!!!!

enigma~

HSC
jazzi_jess said:
I wrote 23pages for essay and 21 for creative, but I had a nose-bleed half way through the exam which was fun, and exciting.

i am sooooo glad that subject is over :) Only 1 exam left for me yay!!!!
nose bleed? that's no good! did u get it over the exam? lol

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
I do Postmodernism, had a preprepared creative writing which perfectly fit the stimulus.

Essay stimulus also exactly fit my preprepared essay structure.

15pages for the essay, 10 for the cw

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
I wrote 10 pages of woe-filled lame with a peg-leg writing. Hah with a dyke-ish female detective in the gown, who springs upon a clue by peeing in a Shed.

For the essay, I wrote 6 pages :(

jazzi_jess

20 days to go!
HSC
enigma~ said:
nose bleed? that's no good! did u get it over the exam? lol
yeah a bit actually, they'll be reading through thinking, hey did someone try to kill someone.... i dunno, maybe i'll get a bit of a sympathy mark from it :p oh well. just a bit of excitement to brighten up the day :) my class thought it was pretty funny

enigma~

HSC
jazzi_jess said:
yeah a bit actually, they'll be reading through thinking, hey did someone try to kill someone.... i dunno, maybe i'll get a bit of a sympathy mark from it :p oh well. just a bit of excitement to brighten up the day :) my class thought it was pretty funny
haha, well, as long as you got a laugh out of it. The exam just went so fast, one minute i was there and the next i was outside again.

x_meow_x

HSC
Jayphen said:
Haha, my creative was so woeful. I got into this writing style that I absolutely hated. I was so angry with what I was writing as I was writing it, but it was too late to change.
i felt exactly the same up to that point =P

my only complaint about the exam is that the picture provided for our creative response was pretty bad

jazzi_jess

20 days to go!
HSC
i reckon how fast did it go! that's awesome though, i'm so glad :) I almost didn't want the extra 5 minutes they gave me, I just wanted to leave! How happy are we all now that there's no more english exams to kill our hands!!!!

taxman

make poverty
HSC
ameh said:
I wrote 10 pages of woe-filled lame with a peg-leg writing. Hah with a dyke-ish female detective in the gown, who springs upon a clue by peeing in a Shed.

For the essay, I wrote 6 pages :(
Hahaha, I laughed so hard when I read that. Next time I pee in a shed, I'll be on the look out for clues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)