How did you find the chem exam? (1 Viewer)

What do you think you would get as a raw mark?

• 90%-100%

Votes: 31 19.0%
  • 80%-90%

Votes: 47 28.8%
  • 70%-80%

Votes: 38 23.3%
  • 60%-70%

Votes: 21 12.9%
  • 50%-60%

Votes: 12 7.4%
  • 50% and lower

Votes: 14 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Romina

HSC
...i somehow recall that chlorine question...but i dont remember putting down anything to do with ppm, im pretttty sure that i wrote it in grams or some unit that the answer didnt require...that fails

Last edited:

musicalteddy

HSC
Forbidden. said:
So much for teachers saying "Markers are looking at trying to give you marks."
They are, but you still have to have the right answers :p The markers will have a marking guide for the things you should have in your answers. How many you have is how many marks you get. You don't start out with 100 and then they slowly take them off. You start with 0, and build up. The marking criteria might be quite strict though, so who knows?

The paper was a lot better than I was expecting, couldn't do much of the calculation stuff, but I couldn't anyway. Wrote an answer for almost everything, so hopefully scored a few marks. All I'm hoping for is a pass mark.

dwatt

HSC
jackandmilo said:
Was it easy? moderate? or hard?

What do you think the state's average would be? :confused:
State raw average is around the mid forties. I spoke to an ex-marker today. If you can manage to get around 84+ raw, you will be in the band six range. The very best will be in the 92+ raw (they scale like crazy upwards)

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
Forbidden. said:
So much for teachers saying "Markers are looking at trying to give you marks."
Lol, so true. I hate that stupid marking guideline.

Last edited:

sammi260

President of the World
HSC
bahahahaha. i laugh at it. FAIL. lol. i couldnt do ANY of the calculations even though i spent ages at home trying to study how to do them. oh well. hoping for 60-70% yay

emilymcs

HSC
dwatt said:
State raw average is around the mid forties. I spoke to an ex-marker today. If you can manage to get around 84+ raw, you will be in the band six range. The very best will be in the 92+ raw (they scale like crazy upwards)
wow, that was possibly the most comforting post that i've ever read.

so if you get around 74% raw, then would that be a band 5? do we ever get to see our raw marks? and do UAC get sent our raw marks or scaled marks?

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
lol i didnt think it was too bad , so i walked out thinking i got from 80 - 90 , til i realised the amount of mistakes i made.
i only reckon i`ll get a low 70 now damnit - as a raw.

hmm .. how much does it scale in general ? one of my friends said it was about 8-10 usually.

dwatt

HSC
emilymcs said:
wow, that was possibly the most comforting post that i've ever read.

so if you get around 74% raw, then would that be a band 5? do we ever get to see our raw marks? and do UAC get sent our raw marks or scaled marks?
Probably, though I'm not sure.

And sorry - im dont know exactly what uac gets sent

dreamer77

HSC
All I can say is, thank God I am doing 12 units or else I would be screwed. I'm so annoyed, I worked so hard throughout the whole year and then they throw stupid questions on things we've never even learnt. And two questions on ppm? Wasn't one evil enough?

cor04

HSC
dwatt said:
Probably, though I'm not sure.

And sorry - im dont know exactly what uac gets sent
UAC gets sent raw marks, HSC scaled marks & assesment marks, Though calculations for UAI start from Raw marks. The scaled marks we get sent from BOS is the scaled marks as to what ppl would get if all subjects were studied by all students. (different to UAI calculations since UAI is a position in the state)

so about chemistry.. I had a heart attack during reading time.. Ithat's my answer. I got owned -.- 50%-60% so there's one mark added to benefiting all u >70's ppl. lol

less than 60 uai FTW! :)

Äj

HSC
only thing i got annoyed about was how much production of materials there was in there, like 2/3 of the test. and that damn 7 marker on a radio isotope, like the only thing i didnt know heaps for :\ .
so i got owned on that, and on that crappy, "which solution is in which bottle" question, didnt even bother, did the rest and ran out of time instead...only like 3 marks anyway lol.
too bad i hadnt spent an hr reviewing the production of materials....lol

alwell, chem test was weak lol.

ChrisAlli

HSC
I couldn't see me losing more than 20 marks so I think somewhere in the 80-85 region.

Lucky that the long answers in the test were on subjects I knew pretty well (isotopes).

But god damn experiment crap, I hate expeiment questions (that stupid calcium question at the end of normal section.

Also the graph caugt me in its trap as I put propanol was bigger than butanol for the setimation question, such a fool.

Sulfur gas question I'm an idiot for as well. Didn't change the 60Kg to grams.

Other than those I think I did OK

twilight1412

HSC
=)
all i can say is that i forgot what parts per million meant so i just divided by or multiplied by 1000000 =)
not even sure which one it was anymore
btw check the shape of the votes XD
its a bell curve lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)