Votes: 72 15.1%
  • ok lets not talk about it! (below 50)

Votes: 79 16.6%

• Total voters

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Oh, I still think I might get a band 6, I'm just disappointed at not being able to have a go at Q10.
a band 6 without attempting q10???? oo if only

westy101

Seriously whacked!

First five qusetions of the exam were pretty easy but after that it all went downhill. I thought the trial was the hardest maths exam I've ever seen in my life but that was nothing compared to 8-9-10 on this paper.

HSC
i think i did really well in the first 5 questions and pretty well in qs 6-7 so that should improve my result.... im thinking about 85/ 120 which is pretty good for me being an english-only student. (i still dont know why i didnt drop maths at the end of prelim!!!)

qs 8-10 were harder than usual... but i attempted everything so i should get some marks in there. Overall im pretty happy.... so far im looking at getting my uai goal and ive only got 3.5 hrs of exams left which could screw that up.....

The main thing is..... MATHS IS OVER FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HSC
N/A
like a thousand other people, i thought it was much harder than in previous years. the second half of question 10 was rather hideous, but i'm just happy it's over.

devious_lisa

HSC
tell me about it man, the past papers were like easy, this one was like wot the hell!!!!

klaw

HSC
Q10 was bullshit. I lost more marks in Q10 than in Q1-9

lozz98

HSC
littlebinzy said:
It could have been a lot worse than it was... I was pretty much happy except for a few questions...
I agree....it couldda been alot worse cept that i was a bit dissapointed that there was no expotential growth and decay questions.....i did them yesterday till i had them right expecting that there would be one in there cause there always is....but yeah overall, a good exam.....but i must admit i prob did a few silly mistakes but that is nothing new!!!

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
i only attempted 96/120 marks.. hopefully i get them all right.

i was expecting to get 110+/120.. but this test was F*CKING SH*T .. :(

is that stuff in the poll percentages ? lol ...

HSC
Damn that test was hard, even 3uniters found it challenging. And those last few questions were more suited to ext maths exams then 2unit ones. But at least I got that x^3-27 one right :D.

I didnt answer any of Q8. Q10 and only tried a couple on Q.9. I'll prob get a couple marks for it.
What did you guys think about those probability questions? alot harder then last years (like the rest of the test). I got some ridiculous numbers for my probability... I mightve overlooked an easier way to do it but I dunno.

But by the sounds of things every1 thought this test was hard so hopefully the band cut offs will be lower. :)

klaw

HSC
yeah I got ridiculous numbers for my probability too. But I think it's right

HSC
it was so difficult. i didn't even attempt the last question. hopefully get into the 50s-60s but i really doubt it since i think i made too many silly mistakes without realising it. especially from q3 onwards. is it getting harder every year? the 90s papers were so easy compared to the papers from 2001 onwards. probably won't count anyway.

stu_jacks88

GODAMN that was hard! Harder than anything from the past ten years. I did well in Q1-5, good in Q6-8, ok in Q9, but i didnt even attempt Q10. It would have taken me too long and i wouldnt have been able to chek the rest of my work; where i found 3 extra marks. Im still expecting 65-75% and hopefully thats scaled up bcus of my usual mark range of 80-90%. heres hopin.

alessandra

HSC
well i bailed at 11:15 soo over it! it doesnt count towards my uai and my school wouldnt let me drop! so i didnt pick up a pen and just went in smiling... i had the room in hysterics when i asked at what time i could leave... haha i think i did about 1/4 of the paper...maybe a bit more..

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
alessandra, you know you could have just not turned up to the exam, that pretty much not counting it anyway. you wasted time dude.

anyhow, i thought the paper was ok, and i mean.....really OK....i didnt think it was really easy, nor was it extremely hard. i guess i did do my best. question 10 was screwed over, and so was the second part of question 9. stupid maths, im also glad its over, but i still have bloody 3unit to go.......arrggh!

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
hmm...well say its option (above 60) -- only becuase i suck more at art.

I was doing pretty good til i realised i was taking to much time..so by the end i was reading quickly, then just couldnt be bothered. Ohh wells...fun looking forward to 3unit

[Damo]

HSC
I must say this had to be the hardest HSC exam ever written. 2003 was quite challenging but i think this topped it. as for the 90s papers. please! they were easy as! i rekn i did allright, dnt wanna talk much about it tho. probability screwed me. Qu5 part d)- raffle stuff was just not working for me. didnt get it out in the end. im hoping raw mark of bout 100ish/120 *fingers & toes crossed*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)