How are you studying for the exam? (1 Viewer)

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys, with the exam in 3 days, I was wondering what everyone's final preparations are?

I'm at around a ~70-75% raw mark range, looking to try and get around a raw 80% for the exam to ensure a niiice scaled mark xD

What about you guys?

JaxsenW

HSC
Hey guys, with the exam in 3 days, I was wondering what everyone's final preparations are?

I'm at around a ~70-75% raw mark range, looking to try and get around a raw 80% for the exam to ensure a niiice scaled mark xD

What about you guys?
Pretty much just doing a heap of past papers, and working on my weaknesses in a questions by topic book I have (ie; doing a heap of conics and harder mechanics type questions)
I have 2016 and 2017 left that I haven't done yet, and I plan to do those tomorrow and Wednesday
I'm sitting at around 70-75% raw also, just trying to eliminate a few silly errors to hopefully guarantee E4 come Thursday...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

gallen88

HSC
Working on the harder questions now and my weak areas (pretty much Volumes and Harder Mechanics). Aiming for a solid E3 as a final mark (not too confident after the Trials but hopefully it won't be as horrible haha).

Good luck everyone!

Cryptical

HSC
Recommend working on weaker areas. A good way to do this on top of textbooks is finding past papers from good schools that were from set in like term 1 or 2 that focus on the topic that you need work on. I'm at a 95ish raw mark, so I'm also doing lots of Question 16's post 2012 and Question 8's prior 2012, to up that last question marks.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Yep I've been doing a bunch of question 16's under timed conditions, all from since like 1990s +
Currently sitting at a RAW mark of mid 80's to low 90s based on previous papers. Although sometimes it can be higher depending on what topic.
2016 was my best year, got full marks on question 16 aha, and 1989 worst(barely got anything imao)

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
*It's really hard to reply to everyone D:*
To JaxsenW and gallen88, I can totally relate to you guys xD ~ I reckon we can all get E4 scaled! ~ My weak areas are polynomials, complex and harder 3u tbh
Mechanics is honestly quite a repetitive topic, so once you see the range of questions they can ask, it is really up to nailing your integration and the specific methods for circular motion c:

To the gods Cryptical and Drdusk, rock on you guys and get raw 90s that's awesome! I legit got 0/15 in q16 of 2016 lmaooo, but I know how to do the complex now c:

And to jjuunnee, best of luck :guitar:

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
To JaxsenW and gallen88, I can totally relate to you guys xD ~ I reckon we can all get E4 scaled! ~ My weak areas are polynomials, complex and harder 3u tbh
Mechanics is honestly quite a repetitive topic, so once you see the range of questions they can ask, it is really up to nailing your integration and the specific methods for circular motion c:

To the gods Cryptical and Drdusk, rock on you guys and get raw 90s that's awesome! I legit got 0/15 in q16 of 2016 lmaooo, but I know how to do the complex now c:

I wish I was a god, that was the only year I got full marks imao. Usually averaging 10/15 so a 90+ RAW is just a dream :blink2:

Cryptical

HSC

god lol aha no ways, its just the passion for maths.

And nah, no stake rank for me, gotta get a higher raw :) would be super happy with a 90 raw, though did get a 100 in an internal exam

fan96

617 pages
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm just doing one paper a day.

90 raw would be nice but as long as nothing terrible happens I'm fine with it.

Ace0804

HSC
Damn i am getting around mid to high 80s raw in hsc past papers, and in timed conditions, but i am just scared that i will fuck my exam just because of this hsc pressure bullshit. l just WANT AN E4444444. I wanna try to have a calm and collected mind.....

Also did anyone see a major difference in their trial mark and the hsc exams they are doing. I got like 75 for my trials, but some reason i am doing better in the hsc exams.

MinaSaw

HSC
Also MinSaw since u got 94, do u know what kind of raw mark u got in your exam
Hey dude, I don't actually know. Last year the exam was not too difficult so they marked very harshly, in general I think 2017 would not give you an accurate scaling prediction. On the other hand, 2016 was pretty difficult so scaling was a little bit better. Anyways just do your best and good luck dude.

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
Damn i am getting around mid to high 80s raw in hsc past papers, and in timed conditions, but i am just scared that i will fuck my exam just because of this hsc pressure bullshit. l just WANT AN E4444444. I wanna try to have a calm and collected mind.....

Also did anyone see a major difference in their trial mark and the hsc exams they are doing. I got like 75 for my trials, but some reason i am doing better in the hsc exams.
You will certainly get an E4 man don't worry about it! Any 80 will easily scale to a low 90s at least xP ~ I got 71 in my trials, so most of my HSC paper results have been higher than that, if I can get even 90 scaled I'll be stoked :D

charmingman

HSC
Best advice ever . xxX Minimise your errors to maximise your marks [U]Xxx[/U]

I'm
Look at marking guidelines to get an idea of ways to get sneaky marks in hard q's.

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
Best advice ever . xxX Minimise your errors to maximise your marks [U]Xxx[/U]

I'm
Look at marking guidelines to get an idea of ways to get sneaky marks in hard q's.
Found any pro tips yet?

charmingman

HSC
1. Stuck in circle Geo q?
Go absolutely crazy and write everything you can identify. You could get a mark.
2. Induction
Prove for n=1 or/and n=2. Always a mark.

Sneaky bastard tip:
3. Got two answers? Dont know which one?
Write both and cross less likely answer out very faintly.

fan96

617 pages
HSC
Uni Grad
They scan your exams so a faint mark would probably not even show up on the screen.

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
Last sleep before the big one :hammer:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)